- Company: International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
International Finance Corporation (IFC) – a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
Applications are invited for:
Title: IFC Global Internship Program (37) – Africa Environmental and Social Policy Internship
Job #: req21067
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 0 years 5 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- As part of our Global Internship Program (GIP), IFC is seeking five summer interns in the Environmental & Social Policy and Risk department (CEG), based in the following country offices: Cairo, Dakar, Nairobi, Lagos, and Johannesburg, one intern in each location.
- The GIP offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the IFC and the broader World Bank Group and become part of the largest private sector development institution in the world.
- The program encourages individuals to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s work while improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment.
- Moreover, the GIP provides a unique opportunity to exchange ideas and network with international professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
- The Internship period will be between May 2023– September 2023.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Support in E&S appraisals and supervision
- Compile and analyze data
- Develop E&S training materials
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a relevant Master’ s Degree level program with an expected graduation date after December 1st, 2023 in order to be eligible.
- Field of study in Environmental Engineering or Science, preferably.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, including 2 years of previous work experience in E&S, preferred.
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French, Arabic (for Cairo Office).
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2023 at 11:59pm UTC
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- Please refrain from submitting more than three applications to our internship program otherwise your candidacy may be disqualified and rescinded.
- Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.