Information Technology Officer (AfCFTA) at the African Union
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Officer (AfCFTA)
Requisition ID: 1606
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Information Technology Officer
Directorate/Department: Administration and Human Resources Management Directorate (AfCFTA)
Division: Administration and Human resources Management Division
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Number of Positions: 1
Job Grade: P1
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- Examines the shortand longterm needs of the AfCFTA Secretariat and utilizes capital to make investments designed to help the AfCFTA Secretariat reach its objectives.
- Oversee the installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of key hardware, software and peripherals.
- Operates at or above the AfCFTA's information technology performance standards
- Manages Windows account maintenance, including additions, changes and deletions
- Replaces faulty hardware on servers as necessary.
- Maintains the integrity of Windows accounts and data on the AfCFTA's file server. Performs recovery if necessary.
- Updates software and hardware inventory and documents all changes to either.
- Manage all data center hardware and equipment including DC routers, switches, etc
- Ensures secure operation of all servers and services through the use of security and encryption tools
- Monitors system logs and activity on all servers
- Interact with vendors and subcontractors to secure supported network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of procurement and service development efforts
- Operates independently to support all servers providing connection services for the entire organization. Manages DNS, SMTP, DHCP, domain controllers, Active Directory applications, printing, email and web servers; SharePoint servers and FTP services, VMWare services for the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Researches, installs and tests software updates and patches for supported applications and various operating systems in accordance with organizational policy
- Develops and maintains service level agreements with various user departments and business units within the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Works closely with others within the IT function to define metrics that are used to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the service operating environment
- Fulfills department requirements for work coverage and administrative notification during periods of staff illness, vacation, or education
- Installs, manages and administers critical databases, which contain confidential corporate information, IP address allocation tables, Ethernet card addresses and other relevant data
- Ensures secure operation of all servers and services through the use of security and encryption tools such as SSH, SSL, PGP, IPSec and through comprehensive staff training and documentation.
- Meets regularly with other IT operators to evaluate system maintenance and development, prioritize work, and plan future development
- Manages Windows security features to protect confidential information while allowing appropriate access
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems; Computer Science; Computer Engineering or other related fields with professional certification and 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines (multitasking), to produce high quality work in short timeframes;
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders;
- Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency of two or more of the other working language(s) would be an added value.
- Applicants must be proficient in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills,
- Excellent drafting, reporting, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong program/project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration..
- Accountable and Complies with Rules
- Learning Orientation
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th March, 2023.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply