Logistics Assistant at Malteser International
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need - regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Employment Type: Contract
- Support the procurement related tasks, complying the rules and regulations of Malteser International and donors.
- Follows up issuance of Goods Received Notes and Job Completion certificate from program.
- Follow up with finance team on outstanding payment.
- Coordinate with programs for weekly vehicle request.
- Assist Logistic officer in Booking of fight (Fixed and Rotary wing
- Assist Logistic officer to document all procurement related processes well and establish a good filing system.
- Assist Logistic officer to file all documents regarding correspondence and contacts and general administration. Keep project logistics folders up to date.
- Assist Logistic officer to Ensure timely organization of travel request, accommodation booking and by making flight bookings of fix wing and rotary wing.
- Fulfill other Logistical functions as required by the supervisor.
- Assist Logistic officers to maintain proper filling and documentation of procurement documents.
- Assist Logistic officers to manage warehouse in Maiduguri and Pulka
- Assist Logistic officers to update and tag asset monthly.
- Update MI Inventory List and share on Monthly basis with Logistic officer.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, Knowledge, and Experience
- University Degree in either Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent, or another relevant field experience with additional years of related work experience and/or specialized training/ courses.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Logistics with experience working in an international organization environment.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
- Excellent English language proficiency (written and oral) and strong numeric skills.
- Good standard of IT including proficiency in using MS Office, especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th February, 2023.