The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouseman
Announcement Number: Abuja-2020-024
Location : Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0805 2
Work Schedule: Full-time – 48 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-2
Telework Eligible: No
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is Full Time (48 hours per week)
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is CC. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Basic Function of the Position – The incumbent performs manual supply duties in the warehouse, unloads incoming supplies, office and household furniture and equipment.
- S/he performs housekeeping duties in the storage areas to ensure a clean and safe environment, assist in conducting inventories.
- S/he must ensure that all job activities and duties are performed in a responsible manner to avoid the creation of safety or health hazards.
- S/he moves property from the receiving area to authorized storage area, confirms storage area with receiving supervisor.
Requirements, Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year prior work experience in supply/warehouse section is required.
- Job Knowledge: General knowledge of warehouse storage and property handling practices is required. Must have good understanding of Nigeria roads and laws.
- Completion of Secondary School or received high school diploma
Evaluations – This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed:
- Language: Limited knowledge of English languages is required.
- Skills And Abilities: Must be able to perform moderately heavy work and make heavy lifts of at least 20kg with the ability to adhere to safety regulations. Must have a valid Nigeria driver’s license class B.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following Link (Pdf) .
- NGN 2,929,368
- USD $21,974
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th June, 2020.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree not transcript
- Certificate or License (NYSC).
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable).
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- For More Info: Contact HR Section @ 01-461-4000 or [email protected]