Cedarcrest Hospital was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in Abuja, Niger and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
Ref Id: #AL00002
Location : Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Admin Officer, as a driver you will be responsible for checking the vehicles before and after work, keeping it clean inside and outside as well as reporting any faults
- The incumbent will work with the maintenance officer in arranging the maintenance services for the vehicles.
- Other activities of the Transport Officer will include driving staff and visiting consultants to their desired destinations, cleaning and maintaining the vehicles and transporting patients with the ambulance.
- Responsible for the transport and safety of staff, visiting consultants, and patients.
- Liaise with the maintenance officer any maintenance work to be carried out on the vehicles and ambulance.
- Responsible for airport pick-ups and drop offs of the Medical Director, staff arriving from Abuja, and other visiting consultants.
- Responsible for the waybill of parcels.
- General maintenance and cleaning of the vehicles and ambulance.
- Responsible for reporting all vehicle faults to the maintenance/technical officer.
- Completing the daily mileage and service records for the vehicles and ambulance, which are to be checked by your supervisor.
- Drives ambulance to transport patients, usually with the help of a nurse.
- Ensure all the requirement for an ambulance is functioning properly.
- Familiarity with GPS devices.
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage.
- Should possess a polite and professional disposition.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour).
- 1 – 2 years Experience.
- Minimum of an SSCE.
- Proven experience as a Driver.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.
Application Deadline 31st March, 2021.