MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Team Leader – Customer Operations (Supervisory)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Manage the operations and general activities of the customer assistance centre within the regional location.
- Lead and manage a team of customer care representatives to deliver excellent customer care and implement customer service operational plans
- Monitor and prepare periodic report on sales for management review.
- Assist in monitoring customer relationship management (CRM) operations, identifying trends and delivering optimum service to customers.
- Provide technical, procedural and policy guidance to customer care representatives and other operational staff and supervise all technical activities and administrative duties in the customer assistance centre.
- Act as a change agent in the implementation of new initiatives both within the business unit and across the organization including initiatives to reduce churn and increase loyalty of customers within segments.
- Ensure Key Customer Data is adequately captured and prompt documentation of transactions and collect data and information on customer care needs/issues.
- Ensure adherence to schedules and other defined rules and regulations within the assistance centre and that procedures are followed to promote meaningful communications between customers and customer care representatives.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the activities of Customer Care Representatives and facilitate prompt and complete dissemination of relevant information to team members.
- Assist in design, review and update of processes, policies and procedures (PPP’s) in line with organisations value proposition and communicate service standards to the operations so that quality customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Assist in carrying out customer related research and assist in coordinating customer satisfaction index and brand perception survey.
- Coach and train team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and techniques and approaches required to optimize services.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Capture and monitor customer complaints and points of improvement and ensure complaints are promptly attended to, queries escalated appropriately and ensure customer informed of status in the resolution process
- Establish and maintain professional business relationship with customers, collection agencies and trade organizations.
- Collaborate with relevant departments’ e.g. marketing in deploying promos
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
- Provide feedback on consumer usage and perceptions of MTNN product and services for product evaluation and business development
- Report on competitor activities regarding retail sales and services within the regions
- Maintain brand alignment in rendering sales and services in service centre environment
- Manage support services in assigned to the service environment – e.g. security guards, cleaners etc
- Assist the Customer Care Manager in the implementation of service initiatives
- Plan and Execute Team Building Activity
- Oversee technical activities and associated administrative duties in the Service Centre
- Supervise account setup and data entry vigilantly for customers
- Co-ordinate document vetting activities, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all documents and information.
- Manage customer retention/ loyalty through various initiatives e.g., in-store promos, etc.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in a customer facing operations environment
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in query resolution
- Experience in general ledger reconciliations
- Team building
- Practice of supervision
- Conflict Management
- Customer life time value
- Service Segmentation
- Resource Planning
- Process Engineering
- Product knowledge
- Brand Management
- Loyalty & Churn Management
- Customer Intelligence
- ICT Technologies
- Change Management
- MS Office Suite
- Business Activity Modelling
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
To apply for this job please visit careers.mtnonline.com .