We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Job ID: 1900008W
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for managing Procurement processes to ensure effective, transparent and accountable support to the Save the Children program in Cross River State.
- Under the supervision of the Field Manager to ensure adequate consideration for coordination of supplies deliveries and planning of program implementation.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to program/support teams on procurement of goods and services and on best procurement practices. Anticipate procurement bottlenecks and resolve them ahead of issues.
Procurement and Supply:
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation.
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order.
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule.
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports.
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Liaise with airlines for flight travel ensuring value for money. Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travellers on pick up and drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans.
- Ensure safe and secure accommodation is arranged for travellers. Ensure best value for money and that travellers are clearly informed well in advance.
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals.
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff.
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator services and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Report any defective equipment or service. Check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs.
- Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost effective. Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Field Manager.
- Enter all new items purchased in SCI TIM software and ensure reconciling with Stock/Assets register.
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse and TIM online warehouse.
- Ensure quarterly stock check and reconciliation.
- Ensure all stock and assets purchased are entered in TIM and TIM generated GRN is used for payment.
- Ensure all program stock are released through TIM and accompanied with a waybill to Beneficiaries/point of usage.
- Ensure the BHs and the Country Office TIM focal person are informed about all expired, expiring SOF and other irregularities or discrepancy in TIM respectively.
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Service Completion form etc.).
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with country office if procurement must be conducted there.
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects.
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed.
- Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets.
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables.
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively.
- Updates and Manages the Procurement tracker at the field level.
- Updates and manages the contract tracker at the field level.
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use.
- Report all security incidents in writing in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Maintain and regularly update current contact database of other INGO organizations, donors and embassies.
- Maintain and where necessary develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the SCUK resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
- Manage the diaries of the Base Managers where required.
- Ensure the regular collection and dissemination of the mail and courier.
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner.
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers, cleaners and guards and any other logistics support by managing performance on an on-going basis.
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programmes and country office.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update Asset Register and send to country office every month.
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to country office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit.
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager.
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online