State Administrative Officer at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Administrative Officer
- To provide administrative, personnel and logistics support in the project office.
Scope of Work
- The Field Administration officer will be actively responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient workflow of the office through enforcing administrative procedures to the office operating system and equipment.
- S/he will be directly responsible for the provision of administrative, personnel and logistics support in the office.
- S/he is accountable to the zonal project manager.
Manage and performs all administrative support in the office (40%):
- Ensures all staff adhere to the office policies and general office procedure
- Manages the filing system and storage of all administrative documents
- Liaise with the Project Officers in coordinating meetings, workshops, seminars, travel arrangements and/or events.
- Liaises with National Office on administrative issues.
- Develops and maintains an effective maintenance procedure for the proper functioning of all IT equipment and computer networks in the office
- Ensures proper management and maintenance of assets including office building, vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Provides personnel services support in the office (10%):
- Implements personnel policies and procedures
- Provides support and coordinates personnel and related staff matters
- Maintains employee files and records for administrative use.
- Assists in compiling annual leave roster and submit to National Office.
Provides Operational and logistic support to the office (50%):
- Develops and maintains strong and effective relationships with service providers including hotels, care hire services, travel agencies, immigrations, etc. for project activities
- Ensures project receives value for money for all procurements at all times
- Manage the driver and project vehicle.
- Providing support on need basis to Malaria Consortium projects on filing, documentation and other related issues.
- Carries out timely booking of venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other project activities
- Sourcing of appropriate venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other project activities.
- Ensures timely picking of consultants, visiting staff, and other stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Proven previous experience in office management.
- Possess good understanding, knowledge and experience in document control and management.
- Significant years’ experience in similar role
- Good supervisory, inter-personal, communication and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of project information.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria.
- Please note that candidates who have been blacklisted by Global Fund should not apply
Application Deadline 25th June, 2022.