We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RH Midwife
Requisition ID: req4482
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Scope of Work
- The Midwife is a member of the reproductive health team, and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of emergency reproductive health activities in Monguno according to IRC and donor work plans.
- Implement clinical activities in IRC supported health facilities (comprehensive women’s centers) and ensure that these are integrated with other sectors, especially women’s protection and empowerment (WPE) programs to ensure the best quality of care for survivors of gender-based violence.
- The Midwife will work to ensure the improved quality of family planning, post abortion are, maternal and neonatal care (including antenatal and postnatal care), case management of sexually transmitted diseases and the clinical care for sexual assault survivors. She will ensure the well-being of girls and women in Monguno both through the IRC supported facilities and through RH Services at community level.
- Direct service delivery to patients of the following: family planning, STI treatment, post-abortion care, ante-natal and postnatal care, safe delivery and basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care (BEmONC), and clinical care for sexual assault survivors.
- Technical midwifery support, in line with protocols and guidelines.
- Provide an active input to the work plans, based on identified trends and needs.
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to implement and/or assist in program activities.
- Assist the Medical Doctor for management of patients/clients and consult for any obstetric emergencies and or complications.
- Monitor program inventory levels of clinic supplies and drugs; perform monthly spot-checks on program inventory.
- Work with and provide timely technical support to the IRC’s implementing partners; maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner staff, services providers and patients.
- Provide trainings and adhere to universal precautions, waste management and other protocols.
- Support the community mobilization team in the sensitization of women, men, girls and boys to increased RH awareness and service utilization.
- Support the design of the community mobilization activity plan based on trends seen within the facilities
- Support the development of key RH messaging ensuring accuracy and cultural sensitivity.
- Explore possibilities of linking up RH community activities, and plan to reach ‘hard to reach’ pregnant women, FP clients, etc encouraging facility deliveries.
- Support medical team to organize regular assessment for the supportive staff e.g. cleaners, guards, etc.
- Ensure continuous integration of Reproductive Health and Women’s Protection and Empowerment activities within the comprehensive women’s center.
- Position Reports to: CWC Integration Officer
- Indirect/Technical Reporting: RH Doctor (and RH Manager)
- Position directly Supervises: N/A
- Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: WPE team, community mobilization team
- At least 2 years’ experience in a clinical setting;
- Experience working for an NGO in a similar position preferred.
- Clear understanding of gender equality and gender issues for women and girls.
- Ability to maintain beneficiary confidentiality and respect at all times is essential.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate other midwives, nursing staff and community health workers in their respective tasks.
- English and Hausa a must, Monguno local language preferred.
- Professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook – preferred.
- Security level orange. The situation in Monguno, Borno remains unpredictable; there is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.
19th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online