Motocheck is an automotive technology company creating efficiency in the transportation industry by delivering on-demand vehicle inspection, maintenance and driver onboarding through a nationwide chain of auto centres backed by its proprietary technology platform.
The Motocheck vehicle inspection app eliminates bias and paper work by digitizing the vehicle inspection process and generating a reliable inspection report in real-time. The app runs on Android and IOS platforms and it creates reports and vehicle analytics that are accessible on the admin and partner dashboards. We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily and we are scaling this to work with big data, perform data analytics and build models that will drive better decision making in the automotive industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Type: Hybrid | Contract with the possibility of converting to full time
About the Role
- The QA engineer's responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
- You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
- The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process.
- Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before the final product releases to ensure software runs smoothly and meets user needs while being cost-effective.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Work with other developers, enterprise architects, product and project managers in designing software solutions.
- Derive acceptance criteria from a quality assurance perspective for given product requirements.
- Derive test cases based on the acceptance criteria defined.
- Perform the different types of tests required to certify the quality of an application before deployment.
- Maintains records of bugs captured for applications.
- Carry out exploratory/learning tests for new features.
- Ensures that every feature being deployed is without bugs.
To Succeed in this Role, We Think You Should Have
- Minimum of B.Sc in Computer Science or a Related Field
- 3-5 years proven experience as a quality assurance engineer or similar role.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Technical depth.
- Analytical skills
What We Can Offer You
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive payment
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning - We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What to Expect in the Hiring Process
- A preliminary phone call with the product owner
- A technical interview with our lead developer
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
- All Interview Stages are Virtual
Note: Motocheck is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.