The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
Ref No: STS2022-014
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
Duration: 6 months’ renewable
- Drive Agribusiness Director within West Africa for meetings and field inspection.
- Convey personnel and Agribusiness team for field activities within and outside the state.
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance checks.
- Clean and ensure adequate kitting (tools, medical box, and accessories).
- Perform administrative duties while not on official trip.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- National Diploma Certificate in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a wellstructured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skill (writing, reading and speaking)
- Have driving skills
- Have a valid driving licence.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format before the deadline.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women, while all applications will be acknowledged.