The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Driver
Wuse II, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The Program Driver is responsible for the safe operation of program vehicles in town and in the field for the execution of MGIC Nigeria official business.
- They are responsible for strictly observing the local laws and MGIC Nigeria policies and procedures relative to the use of program vehicles.
- They are also responsible for facilitating routine maintenance ensuring any repairs are reported to the Fleet Manager and immediately addressed.
- The Program Drivers report to the Fleet Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To drive MGIC Nigeria vehicles in town and in the field strictly observing the local laws and MGIC Nigeria policy relative to the use of the vehicles
- Perform standard maintenance and routine minor repairs of all the MGIC Nigeria vehicles to ensure road safe vehicles
- To ensure that all vehicle movements are recorded and are up to date in the vehicle log sheets
- To identify vehicle faults and promptly report to the supervisor for repair process
- To verify records of all work done on each vehicle and on the respective job cards
- Schedule regular vehicle inspection and servicing strictly according to manufacturer’s recommendations or better
- To keep spare parts stock and strictly monitor their use
- Maintain a clean and valid driver’s license
- Period travel to the field for extended periods of time
- Any other jobs as may be assigned by the supervisor
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Certificate Motor Vehicle Mechanics Grade II
- A valid driving license
- Experience in vehicle driving in other NGO or similar organization
- Minimum of SSCE / GCE / NECO.
- Minimum of 5-7 years work experience.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online