Taghini Foods is a traditional poultry processing Company based in Ibadan. We supply fresh and frozen poultry products to wholesalers, caterers and further processors, including products suitable for Halal customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee the production process, coordinating all production activities and operations
- Plan, draw up and implement daily production schedule by assigning personnel and resources when needed;
- Set production target within acceptable standards.
- Enforce compliance at all time in line with GMPs, HACCP, and other food safety regulatory requirements by keeping the work area clean at all times, using specific PPEs before performing each task amongst others, ensure all tools are cleaned before and after production.
- Establishing priorities, monitor and evaluate progress of work at each stage of the production process; revise production schedules; resolve problems and report challenges or/and results of the process flow on production documentation and shift production summaries.
- Know and understand all equipment and fittings in the factory from hanging to packaging and to the holding storage.
- Process required consumables for the length of the production process.
- Ensure a continuous audit of all production related SOPs to improve the processes.
- Promote a culture of health and safety as by promptly reporting near-miss incidences while recommending improvement in the production process.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times by performing all work in accordance with company standards and established safety procedures
- Collate and analyze data, putting together production reports for Management team.
- Supervise and motivate team members on a shift-by-shift basis and recommending workers for promotions.
- Ensure cost effectiveness in the production process by Monitoring excesses or wastage of consumables with a view to control and reduced them.
- Review worker performance and identify training needs.
- All other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- B.Sc / HND in Food Technology, Chemistry, or an Engineering discipline. Certifications in Food Handling/Quality Control and HSE or membership of professional body will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position in a Food Production company (experience in a food, drink production/processing facility preferred)
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Passion for food excellence.
- Must exhibit a strong sense of integrity.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks efficiently
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Self-motivated and energized by challenges and opportunities to address them
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and mail application.
Deadline: 27th September, 2021.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.