In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Location : Akwa-Ibom
Contract Length: 8 months.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Child Safeguarding: (Select only one)
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Office and provide basic administrative support to programs operations.
- Reports to: Administrative Assistant
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Budget responsibility: None
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Dispose dirt inside the waste basket and dustbin daily
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean and dry
- Ensures no plates, cups or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs
- Cut and trim the flowers & grass within & outside the premises
- Sweep the compound
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Wet-wipe window ledges
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Assist with or arrange purchase of small sundry office supplies from Petty Cash, and process invoices and expense claims as required.
- Timely communicate to the travellers through Email, the flight details
- Maintain a tidy, clean and professional appearance for the reception area at all times
- Other – Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Level of Education – Diploma
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Good
- Language Requirements – English – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 years
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
31st March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online