APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting a qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Clinical Mentor
Requisition ID: api-52101
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Clinical Services
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is supporting the Government of Nigeria through APIN Public Health Initiatives, to implement the first phase of a National HIV Clinical Mentoring programme in 19 Nigerian States for improved HIV service delivery.
- APIN is seeking to recruit qualified persons to fill the critical positions necessary for programme implementation in the various States in Nigeria.
- The candidate is expected to build the capability of frontline Healthcare workers to provide quality HIV clinical services offered as part of a comprehensive package of care.
- Provide on-site clinical training to clinicians on HIV treatment according to the national guidelines, including adult and pediatric ART and the treatment of tuberculosis and other opportunistic diseases.
- Provide training through clinical consultation, assisting local clinicians to identify key bottlenecks affecting patients’ access to antiretroviral therapy (ART), and helping them with direct patient care as needed.
- Provide Continuous medical education, which may include didactic training sessions to health professionals, as needed. All training will be in accordance with the national guidelines.
- Provide health worker capacity building sessions using various methodologies (including use of project ECHO low bandwidth video conferencing)
- Develop standard operating procedures for the provision of HIV clinical care at the health facility in collaboration with the ministry of health and other stakeholders. This may include troubleshooting problems with the patient flow, tracking defaulters, or clarifying referral pathways by developing appropriate algorithms
- Submit a monthly report on training and technical assistance activities, as well as findings and recommendations for strengthening services in the health facility and compliance with the national treatment guidelines
- Perform other duties related to clinical mentoring as assigned
- Must possess a Degree in Medical Sciences (MBBS or equivalent). Postgraduate qualification/Master's level training in Public Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics will be an advantage.
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- At least 5 years experience with clinical HIV and AIDS care, including the provision of antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with program planning, assessment, and implementation of HIV clinical care programs. Experience in the provision of HIV clinical training
- Previous experience in HIV-related operational research is an advantage
- Good knowledge of current trends and normative guidance (national and international) in HIV clinical care and service delivery
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary HIV clinical teams for effective service delivery
- Willingness to travel to clinics and hospitals in assigned geographical areas
Required Competencies / Skills:
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills to ongoing challenges.
- Strong organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills
- Sensitivity to different cultural working environments
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and write reports
- Capacity to operate both as a team player in large diverse teams as well as individually.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in computers and software/applications such as presentation software, spreadsheets, and video conferencing.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online