We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: Senior Operations Coordinator
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: 10 months
- To contribute to Christian Aid humanitarian program in Borno state and to support the effective implementation of CAID funded projects across all locations in Borno state with support from Field based staff.
- The Logistics officer will be stationed in Christian Aid Maiduguri office, Borno state
- The Logistics Officer will focus on Logistics supports but also work in close cooperation with other Logistics and field staff to ensure that related Logistics issues are coordinated. S/he be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Logistics activities by coordinating with staff on the field and all stakeholders.
- Support the BSU team to conduct logistics needs assessments and identify needs in relation to Logistics activities in implementing locations.
- Coordinate the distribution of all Agricultural inputs and livestock in all implementing locations
- Prepare necessary documents for handling logistics of goods and services procured in accordance with donor and CA rules and regulations.
- Ensure distribution of all materials according to the logistics plan using all relevant logistics documents.
- Follow up with suppliers and transporters to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and take up logistics coordination’s responsibilities as and when required.
- Coordinate the assessment of warehouses/storage facilities for temporary storage of agricultural inputs in all implementing locations.
- Work with Donor and CA team in ensuring that all agreed distribution timeline is adhered to for effective project implementation.
- Support work plan development with all stakeholders for better project coordination’s.
- Prepare activities reports according to the agreed timeline and relevant templates.
- Attend the Logistics Cluster meetings.
- Management of Driver/ Logistics Assistant and car hire drivers for effective and efficient operations.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the Line Manager.
- External: The role holder should ensure coordination with partnersm donors and others stakeholders in the implementations of FAO activiries in all Locations.
- Internal: The role holder should ensure coordination of the Logistics activities with other CAID programs team at field level
- The ability to make day to day decisions on issues around field activities to assist in the administration and smooth running of the projects.
- Analytical skills desirable to perform day to day field support responsibilities.
- Typically involved in developing others’ skills by directing project work or in coaching and mentoring others
- May have the direct responsibility for developing, coaching and motivating one or more staff, undertakes performance reviews and development of action plans to improve the performance of others, whether staff or volunteers.
Applied Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in any of the Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience is required.
- Previous experience in international and /or humanitarian related NGOs.
- Effective communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff and donors is essential.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with the culture of conflict and/or disaster- affected populations, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on sanitation and hygiene matters.
- Fluency in the language of the working area (Hausa) is appreciated and the international language used in the humanitarian operation.
LEVEL 2: You are expected to be able to:
- Take on different work when necessary to achieve a team or organizational goal.
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals.
- Listen to and take on board fresh perspectives and views even if you initially disagree with them.
- Maintain on-going relationships with individuals and contacts through networks, based on mutual rapport and respect.
- Make complex things simple for the benefit of others.
- Actively listen and question to check your understanding and draw out others when they are not expressing themselves clearly or seem to be holding back.
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it and their non-verbal behavior, adapting your style and approach to fit.
- Address difficult issues when they arise, being honest and open.
- Implement ways to reduce the inefficient use of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can make them happen.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and to deliver them in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt as priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Prioritize, plan and monitor own work to meet own and team deliverables to agreed performance or quality standards.
- Acknowledge others’ priorities whilst being prepared to say “no” if there are genuine reasons why their needs cannot be met.
- Use logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to report on information or analyses options.
- Make timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, information and evidence.
- Evaluate your own work and actively address gaps in knowledge and skills, without prompting.
- Recognize how you react to feedback and manage reactions positively, acting on specific feedback from others.
- Share your knowledge where it will help others to be more effective.
- Provide instruction, constructive feedback and guidance to others to help them learn.
- Constructively challenge existing practice.
- Seek better ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications.
- Make positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges even if these falls outside own scope of work.
- Look inside and outside Christian Aid for new ideas and evaluate them for own work.
N8,114,408 per annum
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2019.
31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more Information (Pdf)
- Further details of specific tasks and duties will be agreed with the line manager as part of the performance agreement. Any reasonable duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- This role profile is not prescriptive; it merely outlines the key behaviours the role-holder requires to be
- successful in the role; the key behaviours and responsibilities are subject to change. Any changes will
- be made in consultation with the role-holder.
- You will be expected to abide by the Code of Conduct, policies and procedures within Christian Aid which may be updated from time to time
- You must be in sympathy with the aims, beliefs and values of Christian Aid as it seeks to work on relief, development and advocacy for poverty eradication.