The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries in three major program areas – HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth.. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
- To provide a reliable and courteous transportation service to staff and maintain vehicle documentation.
- Operate and maintain office vehicle with a focus on safety and passenger courtesy.
- Assist passengers courteously and help with their baggage where necessary.
- Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route services.
- Keep assigned vehicles clean inside and outside.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records as requested by management, including vehicle logs and vehicle documentation.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicles, including general upkeep, and checking for example oil, water, break, clutch fluid, tyre pressures. Ensure any faults are promptly and appropriately reported.
- Fuel vehicle.
- Coordinate the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions.
- Run ad hoc errands.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in safe compounds, especially on overnight stays.
- Ensure that tool kits are in vehicles and that they are complete.
- Ensure policies regarding security and communications are followed
Qualifications And Experience
- Level of Education – Completion of Secondary School.
- Two years’ work experience in driving with NGO.
- Specialist Training/Qualification – Certificate of driver mechanic trade test.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the local terrain, that is, Rivers State.
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent.
- Language Requirements – English – Good.
- Ability to interact in cross-cultural setting with ease.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in PDF format (stating your current salary and salary expectations) to: [email protected] clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the email. Example: Pharmacist (Rivers) – BEN, Joshua Ekong
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer. Nigerian national preferred
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]