Ken Fix-it Technician at Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate
Lakowe Lakes Golf & Country Estate, often described as ‘West Africa’s best kept secret’, is a beautiful, luxury community nestled in a peaceful neighbourhood about 35km from the hustle and bustle of Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ken Fix-it Technician
- At Lakowe Lakes Hospitality the Ken Fix-it Technician is the first point of call during guest queries or request.
- He is expected to analyze the guests’ needs and fix it on the spot, or assign the task to the appropriate technician on duty.
- The Ken Fix-it should be specialized in general maintenance and well versed in Customer service.
- The successful candidate is expected to assist the Head of maintenance (Maintenance supervisor) in his absence.
Core Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
Maintenance and Repair:
- Assist the Maintenance supervisor in maintenance of all the guest room, kitchen, public area complaints and facilities’ periodical preventive maintenance
- To co-ordinate the activities and responsibility for its smooth operation which involves the nature of the Maintenance department related to each guest room and as a whole
- Perform willingly and analyze regular operation and task based on discussion and encourage suggestions for improvement.
- Assist the Maintenance supervisor on daily assignments in term of quantity and quality for the Facilities operation checklist, Guest room comfort, scheduled Periodical Preventive Maintenance, Plan Preventive Maintenance, Plant Preventive Maintenance, treatment and instrument testing, inclusive pre and pro task to eliminate and provide suitable and better quality guest service.
- Maintain and apply constant courtesy, proper communication and co-ordination when attending to guest. Personal discipline and housekeeping principle to ensure.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Maintenance department at Lakowe Lakes Hospitality.
- Diploma or training in general maintenance works
- Previous experiences within the plumbing, carpentry, painting or electrical field- at least 2 years plus
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous work experience in a hotel or hospitality environment is required
- Trade certification is required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to find fault and rectify systems are essentials.
- Ability to work under pressure
Knowledge and Competencies:
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a hands-on and flexible approach and be able to adapt to unpredictable events.
He must be pro-active and reliable and will thrive working in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure, have attention to details and should possess following competencies:
- Understanding the job
- Taking responsibility
- Recognizing differences
- Customer Focused
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th December, 2021.