We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Admin Assistant
Ref No: 1900008V
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- To provide administrative support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources functions, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures, for ensuring the health and safety of staff and for the promotion of the Child Safe Guarding Policy
The scope of this role will include:
- Maintaining leave-tracking sheet and performance review schedule.
- Support in maintaining an updated personnel files in line with HR best practice standards.
- Support the HR Coordinator in compilation of payroll related documents
- Maintain proper and accurate records /inventory of Office supplies distribution and usage by each HR team member.
- Organize central HR files. Ensure documents are stored in an easy to access and understandable system. Update and circulate the filing list regularly to HR team members
- Process for payments to consultants and vendors for HR related expenses
- Photocopying of documents when required
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and the office.
- Prepare candidates for interviews with office by providing detailed information on the location, job descriptions, and methodology.
- Participate in the preparation for induction for new staff on the global and national policy guidelines and procedures
- Provide administrative support to supervisors to arrange training opportunities for staff.
- Ensure a timely and proper filing of all HR related documents and support in collecting and updating staff information
- Welcome and receive visitors to the office.
- Receive, collate and send letters and correspondence to field offices and partner offices.
- Manage the diaries of the state team lead where required.
- Maintain a general document-filing system.
- Manage calendars and arrangement of meetings for the Cross River office
- Ad hoc typing, scanning & photocopying for Staff
- Co-ordinate and maintain the SCI resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
- As delegated, to oversee minor repairs in the office
- Assist the HR Coordinator in establishing and maintaining a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available on request.
- Managing incoming and outgoing post.
- Disseminate formal communications to staff.
- Maintain current contact database of other INGO, Partners, Government, Embassies and Donor organisations.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Ensure the staff movement board is well maintained and up to date.
- To act as a cover for logistics functions in the field office in the absence of the Logistics/Admin Officer.
- Assist in the production and publications of all SCI official text, reports and other materials.
- Ensure the office is well stocked (procurement and monitoring) with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables as well as maintaining and updating store records
- Manage the procurement and distribution of Mobile phone cards to staff
- Monitor and supervise the activities and performance of the office cleaner(s) and security personnel.
- Ensure the First Aid kits are stocked and replenished with genuine drugs
- In collaboration with line manager make arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
- Facilitate flight bookings for staff with the Country office Admin Assistants
- Ensure accommodation is arranged for travellers (based on request). Ensure best value for money and that travellers are clearly informed well in advance of the booked hotel(s)
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.