We are seeking professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Location : Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Assignment Length: 4 years, dependent on funding
Jobs Supervised: Office Assistant and Driver
- Provide financial accounting and management support, including preparation of monthly office expense reports in accordance with required format.
- Monitor systems of internal control to safeguard the project assets and lead the process of implementing financial accounting procedures.
- Serve as Country Office Manager, overseeing the financial, administrative, and logistic needs of the project office.
- Work closely with Project Director and senior technical staff to prepare the Council annual program planning and budget (PPB). Provide assistance to Project Director and technical officers during PPB process.
- Work closely with Council Headquarters to draft and review financial reports, ensuring that all partner financial reports are received, reviewed, and incorporated into the overall financial reports in a timely manner.
- Assist Program Manager with monitoring program budget through the regular provision of analysed financial information at stipulated intervals. Provide leadership and technical support for all financial matters of the project.
- Facilitate timely payments for program implementation costs and ensure that the project is in compliance with all USAID and Council policies and requirements.
- Review and provide guidance in the preparation of sub-agreement budgets and contracts, ensuring that they follow project and Council rules and regulations.
- Ensure cost effective and efficient procurement of goods and services in accordance with donor and internal procurement procedures.
- Develop and monitor evaluation procedures to ensure compliance of sub-recipients/contractors with donor specific requirements.
- Maintain comprehensive records regarding all leases, contracts and agreements working closely with DC-based Finance and Admin Specialist and the Associate Director for Finance and Administration.
- Oversee the implementation of Council policies and procedures, maintain appropriate records, coordinate staff recruitment and onboarding process in liaison with DC-based Associate Director for Finance and Administration.
- In liaison with the Chief of Party, provide human resources support to the office, including implementation of policies and procedures, administration of staff benefits and maintenance of appropriate personnel records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate I and Project Director (Chief of Party) and Associate Director for Finance and Administration
- Master's degree in Financial Management, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Professional accountancy qualification or equivalent desired.
- Seven years of financial management and a minimum 3 years of financial management experience at managerial level gained from an international non-governmental organisation.
- Experience with donor funding and compliance with reporting requirements. Experience with USAID preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, accounting principles, financial systems, and grant accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of organizational policies in finance, budgeting, project approval and system.
- Ability to present complex financial analysis and reports on finance related issues.
- Experience with financial statement conversion to US currency and exchange rates.
- Must have experience in the management and administration of procurement operations.
- Position requires cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- A strong aptitude for change, innovation, learning, team building;
- Demonstrable ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Travel in Nigeria, if necessary.
Thursday, 4th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian national preferred.
- When applying through the web portal please attach your CV and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format (stating current salary and salary expectation).