- Company: British Council Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Pay band: 1K
Department: Business Delivery
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: Fixed term contract ending July 2022
- The Driver will be responsible for providing safe, secure and efficient transportation of personnel and resources.
- The Driver will also be responsible for taking proper care of vehicles in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
- Knowledge of the security situation in the state is required as post holder may be required to make prompt decisions in close liaison with State Team Lead and Operations Manager.
- Fluent level of spoken and written Hausa or local dialect
- Valid Nigerian driving license
- Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a driver with an international organization
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Knowledge of road network in the North East region
- Knowledge and understanding of the security situation in the state
- Basic IT skills including word and excel
- Advanced driving skills
- Experience working in an FCR (Full Cost Recovery) project
- Experience operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Participation in previous defensive driver training
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria. An eye-sight test and medical fitness for driving will be required before candidate can commence in the role.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Naira 2,005,833 per annum
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2021.