Boomplay is a music & video streaming & download service developed and owned by Transsnet Music Limited. The service was first launched in Nigeria in 2015 by TECNO Mobile. Boomplay currently has over 60 million Monthly Active Users and over 60 million tracks with offices in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and Cote d'ivoire. The service is available on web, Android and iOS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
- This position entails curating, organizing and editing lyrics/metadata to the content presented on Boomplay App and website.
- Managing and administering (Curate, review & Upload) content provided and working with content provider/aggregators in Nigeria
- This role is responsible for developing strategic direction for In-App operation.
- Its primary focus will be to translate primary insight into actionable strategic and creative direction by designing project/campaign approaches and collaborating with Internal/Regional/HQ teams to formulate strategic recommendations and clear paths for growth.
- Stay updated with industry trends, new releases (albums, singles & videos)
- Oversee all local Operations teams as well as hiring any new operations team roles.
- Manage and maintain the Content and Operation management systems (CMS & OMS)
- Provide support to content providers/aggregator for uploading licensed music content onto the digital music platform via the CMS portal
- Review metadata provided by content providers to ensure all music contents uploaded to the platform meets the required specifications
- Timely content curation for all categories of the App and Website for operating country.
- In-App/Web Content Administration
- Draft weekly/monthly/yearly OKR reviews and conduct regular growth and dip stats reviews, ensuring their company’s goals and objectives are achieved, as well as those of the region/department
- Develop content strategy aligned content admin plan and curated content to achieve the short-term and long-term department targets
- Facilitate new starter onboarding and training for any new Onboarding or Support managers that we add in a region
- Be the Operations department gatekeeper with regard to OMS data, ensuring all the core functions are managed to the highest level and data integrity is secured.
- Work with the Global Head of Operations, as well as the heads of each team (C.A, Buzz, and AMR) to help draft and execute a template for new unified global operations workflows
- Be a key stakeholder in continued adoption of local operational process improvements and workflows, ensuring these connect into the wider global organization
- Help Regional/HQ Operations Managers work with local artists and industry KOLs to understand potential new strategies and operational needs, ensuring they are capable of supporting in early-stage conversations
- Work with the local Ops Managers and track BI metrics and data from local activities and event partnerships that will help monitor new and existing KPI’s
- Help and work with other Regional Heads of Operations to build a cohesive global department and network
- Be a key driver of instilling the Boomplay Ops mindset into all regional staff
- Be an ambassador for our working culture, helping to maintain the “Boomplay Family” vibe and inspiring those around you
- Working with the Content acquisition and Artist Relations team, help cultivate and grow artist relationships. Ensuring existing regional relationships remain strong
- Teach and monitor Ops teammate’s ability to communicate and collaborate with the HQ/Regional teams when gathering requirements for bugs, new features and platform enhancements
- When required, oversee hiring of key personal in newly established offices, and be a key stakeholder in the logistical setup of infrastructure and offices
- Help local/regional Ops Managers lead on strategic projects and initiatives
- OND, HND or B.Sc Degree in an IT related course is a plus
- 3+ years of content management experience
- Knowledge and skills in graphic design
- Relevant professional certifications.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online