Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a nonprofit nongovernmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don't Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cleaner
: Kebbi / Sokoto
Job Type: Contract Full Time
Tenure: 1 Year (Renewable)
About the Project
- GHI is implementing the Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project inKebbi and Sokoto states in collaboration with USAID. The project components involve integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region.
- The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is March 2021.
Responsibilities of the Cleaner
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained in good condition.
- Remove waste and empty trash.
- Replenish cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Cleaning tasks such as dusting, mopping, sweeping, waxing floors and vacuuming
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Performing maintenance activities related to cleaning such as ensuring bathrooms are sanitary
- Refilling supplies, such as toilet paper and paper towels
- Keeping records of all supplies taken
- Interested candidates should possess First School Leaving Certificate with 1 year work experience.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be smart and neat
- Must be punctual.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.