We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Team Leader
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Reporting to the Deputy Child Protection Project Manager, and in close supervision of Program Manager, the Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Team Leader is responsible for supervising and coordinating a number of Child Protection and Education program activities including Case Management, Psychosocial Support, Community Outreach, Formal and non-formal education and management and operation of Temporary Learning Sites
- Responsibilities include direct management of a team consisting of 5 Case Work Officers, 2 PSS Officers, 4 Education Officers and 1 Community Development Officer.
- The post holder is expected to provide on-going technical support, mentoring and guidance to the project team to ensure child protection and education activities in the project locations are carried on a timely basis ensuring the high quality of the response.
Team & Human Resource Management:
- Participate in the identification, recruitment, training and management of staff members.
- Provide appropriate training, mentoring, coaching and technical guidance of the team under her/his responsibility.
- Participate in ensuring a positive working environment and good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts) and follow the staff under his/her direct responsibility on a regular basis.
- Follow up staff attendances, leaves and provide monthly attendance sheets to her/his manager to facilitate payroll process.
- Ensure that the case management system for children and adults is aligned with the Inter-agency Case Management Guidelines, adheres and refers to the inter-agency standardized operating procedures and tools.
- Ensure that Case Work Officers thoroughly follow the case management steps ensuring that each step is properly implemented and documented in the individual’s file.
- Conduct weekly supervision meetings with all case worker officers, providing technical advice on cases and psychosocial support.
- Map existing specialized services and make sure that the referral pathway is up-to-date to facilitate beneficiaries’ access.
- Ensure data is collected systematically and accurately and logically presented to the line manager.
- Under the supervision of the line manager and based on the assessment’s findings, design an array of age and gender appropriate psychosocial interventions for children, adolescents and caregivers.
- Support the PSS Officer to draft a weekly activity schedule and revise it regularly as to make it adaptable to the evolving needs on the ground and according to the logistic needs and constraints.
- Ensure that signs of mental health and psychosocial distresses are identified, registered and cared for in timely and quality manner through referrals when appropriate.
- Train PSS Staff on basic concepts of case management in order to timely refer cases of individuals at risk or of affected by protection concerns.
- Conduct an initial assessment of the protection risks and concerns in his/her area of responsibility with an aim of defining contextually-relevant community mobilization strategy.
- Under the supervision of the line manager and based on the assessment’s findings, design an array of age and gender appropriate social events, educational programmes, awareness raising sessions.
- Ensure a close supervision of daily community outreach activities, support the staff in prioritizing interventions if needed, overcoming challenges and seeking synergies with other actors.
- Provide daily guidance and support to the staff, suggest changes, updates and improvements of relevant awareness raising, psychosocial, educational activities when needed.
- Promote and ensure project activities are in line with child protection and humanitarian principles.
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the North-eastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines.
- Ensure Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities.
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager with respect to the confidentiality.
- Liaise with humanitarian actors and government authorities for coordinated and harmonized education programming in the project areas.
- Supervise and provide technical support to the project team members for the quality implementation of the educational activities.
- Manage and update the monitoring tools used for the project on a regular and timely basis.
- Coordination & Representation
- Work in close collaboration with Tdh partners and other key actors.
- Coordinates with other Tdh sectors to ensure implementation of standardized activities and with other departments (programme and support) of Tdh Nigeria.
- Participate in fora and meetings held at site level in her/his field of expertise, when relevant and necessary.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Contribute to updating the security plan on his/her area(s) of intervention.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University Degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Psychology/ Child’S Psychology, Counseling or any other related discipline.
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years experience in the field of child protection / protection/ Education / SGBV/ social work / case management.
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software.
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building and supervisory skills/ Excellent knowledge of protection issues (Child Protection and SGBV) and best practices / Previous experience child protection and education in emergencies is highly desirable.
- Acquaintance with NGO' rules, procedures and regulations;
- Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards,
- Good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection.
15th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.