We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Quality Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50069661
- The Senior Vice-Presidency is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results.
- The Senior Vice-Presidency will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions.
- The Senior Vice-Presidency will lead senior management discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
- Located within the Senior Vice-Presidency Complex, the Department in charge of Quality Assurance and the Operations Committee Secretariat works to continuously enhance the quality and timely delivery of Bank operations. The Department coordinates and supports the Bank’s global efforts towards sharpening the country focus, strategic selectivity and quality of the Bank’s operations.
- The Quality Assurance (QA) Division is the operations support unit of the African Development Bank (AfDB) that focuses on enhancing and mainstreaming the quality and results focus of the Bank’s strategies and operations. More specifically, the Division (i) sets quality standards for the Bank’s interventions; (ii) develops and strengthens tools and processes throughout the operation cycle; and (iii) enhances staff capacities and facilitating operations related knowledge.
The main objectives of the position are to:
- Support the Bank’s increasingly strong focus on the quality of its operations and therefore their development impact, through quality assurance and enhancement activities.
- Build and disseminate operations related knowledge, including on the effective use of quality assurance tools, and on the drivers of quality and results in Bank operations.
- Spearhead delivery of Operations Academy, the new learning platform for operations staff.
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, Quality Assurance, the Chief Quality Officer will be responsible for:
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement. Conducting and coordinating quality assurance of Bank sovereign operations and country strategies; and in specific cases providing or coordinating proactive support to task teams to enhance quality.
- Tools and Guidelines. Leading or contributing to periodic review and update of quality assurance tools and guidance, including those related to project quality-at-entry, implementation and closure.
- Operations Academy. Spearhead the development, institutionalization, and updating of the Operations Academy as the main on-line learning tool for the Bank’s operations staff.
- Staff learning and coaching. Spearhead staff development activities, including in the areas of quality assurance and results-based management. This includes development of curricula and training materials on various aspects of Bank operations, facilitation of workshops and learning events for Bank staff and Management.
- Knowledge management and communication. Lead key knowledge dissemination and communication activities, including those based on analytical work produced by the division and sharing of good practices.
- Special assignments. Lead on or contribute to specific studies, analytical work, and events related to operations quality, as required.
- Relationship management. Maintain and build effective working relationships with staff of regional and sector departments, including country offices, as well as key technical support departments to ensure Bank-wide ownership/internalization and effective application of quality assurance tools. Work closely with other departments in charge of staff training and development.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies or related disciplines.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience gained in an operations department as task manager in charge of project preparation and implementation and/or portfolio management.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of operations policies, procedures, and review processes of multilateral development banks or other development agencies.
- Experience as a trainer, facilitator or instructor for workshops and learning events. Experience with e-learning course development would be an asset.
- Familiarity with and practical experience of results-based approaches in the international development context.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to tailor written and verbal communication for a range of audiences.
- Strong team leadership, project management and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams; proven innovation, creativity and client orientation.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
Strong behavioural competencies, especially in line with the key performance drivers below:
- Problem Solving
- Client Orientation
- Team Working and Relations
- Innovation and Creativity
- Operational effectiveness
- Ability to work in French and/or English, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, SAP, PowerPoint, MS Project).
7th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.