Eden Life Concierge Limited - Founded in April of 2019 and based in Lagos, Nigeria, Eden is a trusted services platform for people to receive their domestic services. Whether it's cooking, cleaning, laundry, or any combination of services, Eden allows people to receive their services on a recurring basis while we manage their schedule and the execution of the services. We promote a culture of trust, accountability, and excellence through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Creating a world where anyone can schedule services on an app and then not worry about them being done requires a foundation of trust. Trust that is earned by deep knowledge, clear thinking, and consistent delivery on promises.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract and Full Time
The duties of the Chef de Partie include:
- Preparing and cooking high quality dishes from Eden’s menus, according to defined recipes and in collaboration with colleagues, with attention to speed.
- Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes.
- Lead a high performing workstation during food preparation, and production, to deliver on the Food Production team mission daily.
- General leadership in the kitchen to ensure standard, processes, procedures, and policies are maintained to consistently ensure a high team performance.
- Ensure great presentation of meals.
- Receive all produce in the kitchen according to quality standards, and ensure food items are cleaned and stored properly.
- Follow and enforce strict health and hygiene standards in the preparation of meals.
- Monitoring portion, waste control, and cost management of raw and cooked food items.
- Oversee the day-to-day tasks, and general learning and growth of Demi-Chef De Partie and Commis assigned to you.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain a smooth and friendly work environment.
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of supplies and notifying chef supervisors of low or depleted supplies.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Sous Chef, Head Chef, and Food Producer.
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Certificates
- Minimum 1 years relevant experience
- Awareness of food handling techniques
- Experience of kitchen equipment
- Experience of dangerous equipment such as knives
- Understandable level of English spoken and written
General Skills and Expectations for a Chef de Partie:
- Knowledge and ability to run a section
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to manage Commis Chefs
- Ability to produce good quality food in all sections Good oral communication
- Team management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online