COOPI- Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters.
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 and its interventions direct assista to the IDPs and host communities, through a multi-sectorial programme covering Disaster Risk Reduction, Food Security, Social protection, Early Recovery and Livelihoods, Nutrition and Child Protection interventions. COOPI's capacity to respond to the humanitarian situation in the country is confirmed by its experience in providing humanitarian aid in more than 28 other Countries around the World, in over 55 years of operations.
COOPI is currently present in Yobe, Borno states in Northeast and Sokoto state in Northwest. In Northeast, COOPI’s intervention areas are located in Jakusko, Geidem, Yunusari and Damaturu LGAs and in Kaga LGA of Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Worker Supervisor
Yobe - Damaturu as main Base Office, with frequent daily trips to Gashua and other field locations Yobe,
Employment Type: Full-time
Slot: 4 Openings
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Case Worker Supervisor oversee day-to-day activities of the case workers and community in allocated areas of operation.
- He/ she will be responsible for the leading and coordinating collection of information needed to identify, register, analyze the needs of children at risk, including Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASCs), design the follow-up plan for each identified child and actively contribute in case management, collaborating with the other Case Workers and with the Community Support Case Workers/ PSS Animators to deal directly with the beneficiaries in the targeted areas.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Officer and Project Manager, he/she:
- Distribute and collect case management forms for correction and filing appropriately
- Provide individual case management for critical cases reported from the field in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures
- Directly communicate effectively with other case workers and service providers as part of conducting individual case management
- Provide individual case management for children in assigned location in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures
- Compile and report to the Child Protection Officer all cases that require referrals.
- Provide ongoing support to families, foster and alternative care systems
- Communicate regularly with Case Workers for updates on achievements and challenges
- Directly communicate effectively with other caseworkers as part of conducting individual case management
- Regularly attend Case Management meetings in Yobe
- Organize meetings with foster parents, care givers, religious and community leaders as and when required.
- Monitor Case worker daily attendance and performance and give feedback to the Child Protection Officer when need be.
- Ensure that all Case worker reports are compiled weekly and sent to the Child Protection Officer/PM
- Ensure that all case plans and follow ups for registered cases are implemented according to standards
- Ensure that case workers are registering the correct category of cases as per the project design and any other cases are discussed with the Child Protection Officer.
- Ensure that all case files are signed and forwarded to the Data clerk for entry into CPIMS before being filed in cabins.
- Report in written to the Child Protection Officer any issues/concerns raised by case workers that may in any way affect their work.
- Promptly report security concerns or incidents sighted from the field if any to COOPI management through the Child Protection Officer
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop COOPI programs
- Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Participate in the field work of the nutrition survey (impact assessment)
- Perform any other action related with the position needed to achieve the objectives of the projects and of COOPI Nigeria if requested by his/her supervisor.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills):
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work required and/or Diploma in Education or others relevant field
- Prior experience (at least 2 year) working in complex emergency context as Case worker Supervisor
- Fluency in English
- Good communicator, strong listening capacity, open minded, proactive and creative
- Respectful and inclusive of individual and cultural differences.
- Significant experience involving work engaging people in and from community settings.
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online