The Brand and Communication Coordinator drives the process of SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria (SOS CVN) brand strengthening. S/he will work in a team and under the supervision of the Advocacy and Communications Advisor. S/he ensures that the National Association has clear and measurable goals for brand development and communication in line with the national/regional strategic plan. S/he tremendously increase the visibility of the SOS CV brand in Nigeria by building, continuously improving and maintaining efficient internal and external information and communication network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing SOS CVN’s visual brand and messaging.
- Working with relevant teams to assess needs, set goals, develop strategies and execute tactics.
- Planning and implementing coordinated campaigns that achieve results on time and within budget.
- Developing and implementing an editorial calendar.
- Planning and creating messaging to support programs and partnership development and management.
- Pitching story ideas and securing coverage in regional, national, international and industry media.
- Coordinating organization’s presence at conferences and industry events; develop related presentations and collateral materials.
- Producing reports summarizing performance and impact for external and internal audiences.
- Identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships to expand the SOS CVN brand.
- Coordinating media involvement in the activities of SOS CVN including press releases and coverage/airing of events in the media.
Website and Intranet
- Manage online content, including the organization’s website, social media and third-party website listings.
- Ensure all publications on the intranet and website meet SOS CVN’s brand guidelines.
- Develop and implement an online content calendar.
- Support the design and production of SOS CVN’s publicity and marketing materials.
- Work with relevant co-workers to produce articles, features and news for publication in the media
- Pursue a consistent message about the organization and its mission and activities.
- Position SOS CVN as a strong partner with potential and existing supporters based on the organization’s roots, vision, mission and values.
- Support fundraising team with expertise for external communications and adaptation of content for all channels, online and offline.
- Identify key media platforms and key journalists and foster the relationship with them to proactively position the organization`s topics and massages in the national news agenda.
- Maintain on-going brand integrity via consistent application of the brand guidelines.
- Support the planning and execution of National events for the organization
- On-going content management of the website and social media.
Dealing with Problems
This position is critical and strategic, dealing with diverse demands and pressure from different parts of the organization: Member Associations [MA], Programme locations, Regional Office and International Office as well as key stakeholders and partners.
The ability to prioritize and maintain focus while still demonstrating high levels of customer orientation is thus key for this position.
- BA/MA in Public relations, Journalism and communication, international studies or any other related field of study.
- Minimum of four years’ experience working in the NGO/civil society sector or with donor organizations.
- At least 2 years of experience in campaigns, visual identity, branding, communications, demand generation and stakeholder engagement in Nigeria.
- Experience working on different computer-aided design environments, including Adobe Programs, will be an advantage.
- S Office advanced proficiency.
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed facilitation and presentation skills.
- Basic understanding of marketing.
- Experience in international work environments and intercultural communication, including a strong understanding of NGO structures, the UN human rights system and their operations.
- Understanding of children’s rights, alternative care and protection and/or investment in children.
- Experience of creating networks of influence, and an ability to manage diverse professional relationships.
- A demonstrable ability to speak and communicate effectively, and to tailor messages to different audiences
Understanding of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the African Charter on the Rights & Welfare of the Child
To apply for this job please visit www.sosvillages-nigeria.org .