Bedmate Furniture is one of the Best Furniture Company in Nigeria. Our Aesthetic designed product coupled with Quality furniture gives our customers value for their money, which is of no wonder that they keep patronizing us. Bedmate Showrooms display Furniture ranging from Home furniture, dining set, office furniture, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Factory Manager
- Oversee factory workers, production and efficiency of the machines to make sure the factory is running smoothly, quickly, efficiently, effectively and safely
- Create a system and plan a strategy for the factory to be more systematic and organized
- Liaise with the Human Resources Manager on company’s policies and procedures and communicate same to the factory workers.
- Ensure appropriate health and safety procedures are in place and applied rigorously.
- Keep up with the effective running of the factory by ensuring there are no down times and that everyone is working at a reasonable pace.
- Plan production activities, production meetings, machine maintaining schedules, worker schedules and budget maintenance schedules and quality of products.
- See to it that the workers always abide by the safety rules associated with the Factory.
- Report any case of injuries/accident and follow the statutory procedure as provided for by NSITF
- Keep accurate and up to date record of injured workers
- Responsible for interviewing, screening, hiring and training new workers
- Ensure safety regulations and policies are implemented among the factory workers
- Ensure good relationships among the workers and that there are equal treatment applied to them.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date record of all workers in the factory
- Responsible for motivating all workers to achieve the factory targets.
- Liaise with Government Officials on regulatory and statutory issues.
- Responsible for all the pro work for the factory
- Build an HSE system for the factory, complete fire control system
- Supervise the attendance of staff and ensure all staff are of good behaviour during working hours
- Send monthly report to the Factory Manager on operational activities
- Ensure adequate staff and resources are in place to deliver orders on time.
- Schedule periodic maintenance of assets and equipment within the factory
- Maintain optimum operation by assigning workers, creating and keeping work and production schedules
- Collect and look through data to find places of waste or places for improvement
- Keep an eye on workers and plants’ safety as well as monitor the production equipment to make sure that they stay in good working order, and repair or replace the equipment when needed.
- Provide first aid treatment for injured workers and ensure proper medical care is sought afterwards
- Maintain a close relationship with every department of the factory to make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Responsible for contributing to and carrying out production strategy decisions.
- Minimum of first degree / HND in any Engineering related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in a similar industry is required
- Experience in Human resources and Industrial Labour is an added advantage
- Trainings in managerial skills and a master's degree is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating "Assistant Factory Manager – Ogun" as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 18th January, 2021.