Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting internally and externally for the position below, for a period of 10 days as part of a specific assessment:
Job Title: Assessment Team Leader
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 10 days
Goal / Purpose:
- Under the supervision of the WASH Emergency Coordinator, the Assessment Team Leader will train, supervise, coordinate and accompany a team of enumerators to collect and analyse data over humanitarian needs from the field in selected areas of NW Nigeria, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed..
Setting up the assessment /control and supervision:
With the support of the Emergency Coordinator, prepare the implementation of the assessment:
- Human resources needs (enumerators…)
- Tools and material needs
- Administrative needs
- Logistics needs (transport, communication means…)
- Participate to the training organised by the emergency Co about the tools, methodology and assessment planning and provide feedbacks on it (based on context knowledge)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by the Emergency Coordinator
- Supervise and monitor each stage of the assessment. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his / her Emergency coordinator, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Emergency Coordinator
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the assessment and suggest operational solutions
Logistics and Administration:
- When recruiting enumerators, follow procedures and directives outlined by his / her Emergency Coordinator and the administrative service
- Train his / her team members to use the assessment tools correctly, according to the agreed methodology with the Emergency Coordinator
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
Reporting / Communication:
- Daily debriefing with the Emergency Coordinator while on the field
- Contribute to assessment report writing under the supervision of his/her project manager
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International team
- Respect security regulations and guideline provided by the Head of Mission
- Ensure enumerators, or any staff under his responsibility respect and enforce security regulations
- Report to the WASH Coordinator and Head Of Mission, any information, report, incident etc… linked to security
- Training / Education: B.Sc. Engineering in Water and sanitation Sciences, Public Health Civil Engineering or similar
- Professional experience: 3 years of experience in a similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO. Previous experience in assessment implementation is highly recommended
- Previous experience working in the area (North West Nigeria)
- Languages: English& Hausa compulsory (Fulani – Added Advantage)
- Position related skills: Capacity to apply assessment methodology and to supervise a team of data collectors on the field. Knowledge of basic admin and logistic procedures
- IT skills: Knowledge of office software.
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, good management skills, good learning capacity, diplomatic, easy communication with authorities and communities, reactive, good analyses capacities, resistance to stress, field worker.
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Clicking on the link above and select "Assessment Team Leader – Gusau"
- Fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Note: As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.