- Company: SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telecom Supervision Engineer – M / F
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 Year Renewable
- Assist with preparation and execution of all the IKIKE TELECOM onshore and offshore scope of work, in close coordination with Project, JV Telecom and HQ Telecom.
- In particular the mission is focused on construction and installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of IKIKE TELECOM systems and their subsequent integration and start-up under the existing Amenam Telecom systems.
- Ensure that all Company / Project specifications, project documentation and international standards are well followed by CONTRACTORs.
- Ensure that all Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning activities comply with COMPANY’s OPERCOM rules.
- Take in hand the designed documentation for Telecom Equipment , and ensure its good completion in focus of following fabrication, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Attend and Participate to FAT of Telecom equipment where requested , ensuring their compliance with approved procedures, and checking that the equipment functions properly and ensuring the clearance of punch-list items
- Follow-up CONTRACTOR’s installation and construction activities, and ensure compliance with Company / Project specifications and with the requirements of the project documentation.
- Prepare, review and complete the ICAPS Pre-commissioning database (items, check & test sheets, etc.), in conformity with engineering dossier and in co-ordination with all parties
- Follow-up and assist CONTRACTOR’s and VENDOR’s for pre-commissioning testing activities including Fibre Optics cable between AMP1 to IKD1 after splicing. Ensure that all Precommissiong activities comply with OPERCOM rules.
- Supervise the offshore integration to the existing Telecom systems on Amenam in coordination with JV Telecom and with CONTRACTORS’ assistance.
- Review and complete the ICAPS Commissioning database (tasks, functional tests & operational tests sheets, etc.), in conformity with engineering dossier and in co-ordination with all parties
- Perform commissioning and start-up of all Ikike Telecom systems. Supervise Performance Tests with Operations team. Ensure that all Commissioning activities comply with OPERCOM rules.
- Assist Operations during preparation of Telecom Operations requirements (Measurement and Test Tools, Spare Parts, etc.)
- Liaise with Safety, Quality Assurance, Operations and the whole Commissioning team to ensure that installed Telecom systems are safe, operable and maintainable
- Anticipate problems, offer solutions and inform E&I IKIKE Lead and liaise with JV Telecom Lead, highlighting any issues that may impact safety, schedule, cost and/or quality.
- Keep Project and JV Telecom informed of all decisions and/or orientation.
- Report to E&I IKIKE Lead and liaise with JV Telecom Lead on progress of his activities and any changes thereto.
- Liaise with other disciplines in order to ensure consistency of the work throughout all work packages.
- Qualification: Senior Telecom Engineer
- Professional Experience (number of years): minimum 10 years (in Oil & Gas)
- Experience within project : (number of years): minimum 10 years (in Oil & Gas)
- Minimum level of experience required: 10 years or more
- Languages: English (D-Full professional proficiency)
Application Closing Date