Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2022 Graduate Technology & Innovation Nigeria
Ref. No: 2100035886
Employee Status: Permanent
Job: Business Support and Management
- Standard Chartered Technology & Innovation (T&I) function is responsible for systems development and technology infrastructure which underpin the Bank’s client services and defines and implements the Bank’s digital and innovation agenda.
- We are a team of talented, diverse technologists who champion change, excellence, and stewardship. With our platform estate that includes mobile solutions on a varied tech stack, Standard Chartered offers the best learning opportunities for any dynamic self-starter.
- We follow agile methodology and you will actively participate in all aspects of solution engineering & engage with business stakeholders as applicable.
- Together with a group of highly driven technologists, you will get to collaborate and work on solutions that provide the best digital experiences and continually enhance existing offerings. Innovation is a big part of our execution agenda as we strive for excellence.
- If you are a curious technologist and tackling challenges excites you, then a role in Standard Chartered Technology is the right fit for you.
- We understand that a graduate programme isn’t for everyone, so we have opportunities to move straight into a full-time job. In T&I, we offer Straight to Desk positions for those who know that they want to kick start their careers in Technology.
- Handle escalations from stakeholders and pursue with relevant teams for resolutions, including Application fixes.
- Assist with investigations and retrieval of historic statements / data,
- Business consultations and client meetings on specific requirements involving technology or discussing new product ideas.
- Manage service levels with business and Ops units for critical services.
- Conduct periodic service review meetings with different Global IT teams including Information Technology Services Centre, Product Systems Support, and other IT domains.
- Attend Business and Ops team meetings and progress on action points, requirements identified in these meetings.
- Participate in resolutions of high severity incidents and ensure issues are resolved promptly to mitigate adverse impacts.
- Participate in Business and Ops process simplification.
- Provide first line support to in country users.
- Dispute management between end users and IT teams.
- Engage with Technology Service Manager/Product Systems Support/Information Technology Services Centre) and other IT streams to better manage incidents and escalate to appropriate levels for faster resolution.
- Provide advice and suggest action points to address issues and to provide solutions to Business and Ops teams.
- Keep Business updated on the scheduled / unscheduled service down times.
Stability and Change management:
- Pursue with application / network / infrastructure teams to address instability.
- Attempt first level analysis on problems reported and continue enhancing knowledge of systems and interfaces.
- Co-ordinate and arrange for getting in users for User Acceptance Test and User Verification Test for some of the system releases.
- Attend walk through of key Banking Application releases.
- Pursue on completion of Root Cause Analysis for critical and High incidents.
- Review and approve critical system changes and enhancements to make sure they are implemented with no risks to stability of production systems.
- Review and approve Service Request Management raised by business and approve / progress them with appropriate teams.
- Participate massively in Core Banking quarterly releases, including review of Business Requirement Document, Functional Specification Documents, User Acceptance Test, User Verification Test and production implementation.
- Participate in Project Steering Committees / Project Working Groups of major projects and make sure transition process to production gets managed and coordinated for seamless transition.
- Support new products and services initiated by Business. Provide suggestions and ideas to achieve project objectives.
- Review Business requirements / Business Requirement Documents to make sure they are sound and can be progressed.
- Coordinate with local Country Systems Support for in country projects including testing and user engagement.
- Provide technical guidance and directions to approved projects.
- Attend vendor / third party meetings including government departments to assist in implementing local projects and initiatives.
Technology Risk Management:
- Guide and help Business to implement solutions for identified risks due to manual processes/ obsolescence.
- Review new risks identified by Business and Ops teams and provide suggestions / coordination to mitigate these risks.
- Proactive identification and reporting of risks and concerns.
- Review Business Operational Risk Framework minutes and identify T&I related actions. Pursue with support teams to address these risks.
- Provide Updates on open T&I items to risk forums.
- Assist in reviewing and providing responses to Audit finding as and when required.
- Business Heads and their teams
- COO and Operations teams
- Country Ops Risk managers
- Functional heads for Legal, Compliance, HR, FCC, Finance and others.
- PSS, Business Solutions, Development, Global Business Service, Country Systems Support and T&I domains.
- Local Regulators
- Government departments
Deadline: 11:59 PM: 30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online