The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shelter Officer, Nigeria
Job Identification: 4432
Location: Jos, Plateau
Level: Grade Level 5 Step 1 (Nigerian National)
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty station: Plateau State
Travel: 75% travel to other implementing LGA’s
Duration and type of contract: 12 months (till December 31st 2022)
- NRC is looking for a Shelter Officer for our Plateau State Office located in east-central Nigeria.
- The purpose of the Shelter Officer position is day-to-day implementation oversight on infrastructure construction of NRC programme.
- Conducting technical feasibility assessments for rehabilitation of schools, group information session centres (GIS Centres) and construction of community WASH/infrastructure in NRC operational areas prior to implementation.
- Manage and supervise the utilisation of construction materials during constructions to ensure high quality structures are constructed.
- Monitor constructions and ensure timely and quality completion of constructions within the project timeframe in accordance to the engineering best-practices.
- Support, facilitate or undertake community mobilization and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design implementation and post construction/rehabilitation maintenance of the facilities
- Participate in providing technical information required for proposals and budgets.
- Manage participants’ attendance (cash for work BNF) with support from the Community Based Workers and also other contractors/vendors.
- Ensure protections issues are incorporated and mainstream in shelter/NFI/WASH activities.
- Work with the Project Manager in identification and selection of community WASH and Shelter infrastructure for rehabilitation or construction on the NRC programme.
- Design Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and annotated diagrams for rehabilitation of schools, water points, group information session centres (GIS Centres) and construction of community shelter infrastructure
- Vet, select and formulate and implement capacity building plans for teams and individuals that will be involved in implementation of construction activities (Including masons, community builders, carpenters, plumbers etc)
- Possess relevant qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th January, 2022.