Bishop & Rooks is a brand under which Bishop & Rooks LP (Chartered Accountants), Bishop & Rooks Advisors Limited and Bishop & Rooks Corporate Services Limited serve clients’ business needs. Though separate and independent legal entities, the three firms work together to provide accounting, business advisory and legal services to ambitious owner-managed businesses, large corporations, and not-for-profit organizations. With the mission to be a leading provider of quality Audit, Tax, Legal and Advisory services through high-level expertise and exceptional client service, our professionals commit their skills and common ethic of innovative thinking to deliver value for our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Tax Associate
Location: Lekki-Maruwa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a chartered professional with a strong background in the tax sector, innovative and who can work with little or no supervision.
- Lead assigned client tax engagements from start to completion, including engagement planning, directing, completion of assigned tax projects, and managing the assigned projects to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on assigned tax projects, and assess the performance of tax staff associates for engagement reviews.
- Review client tax returns completed by assigned tax staff and make necessary recommendations on tax return preparation regarding accuracy and applicable tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare client tax returns for individual, trust, partnership, corporate and foreign tax clients; including preparation of work papers and lead sheets; preparation of tax projections and related estimated payments; analyze client information and offer recommendations for reducing client tax liabilities; perform tax research.
- Identify and communicates engagement issues as well as engagement progress in a timely and organised manner.
- Prepare tax projections and assist in drafting responses to regulatory audits, inquiries and tax notices.
- Assist in preparation of client's year-end tax information reporting, including reviewing, recommending, and making adjustments to client year-end tax reports.
- General accounting for client business’ to be used in preparing income tax returns, including preparation of trial balances and related adjusting journal entries; preparing deposits and disbursement requests.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Undertake research and ensure knowledge of current tax law changes.
- Assist with general administrative duties.
- Participate in networking and business development activities on behalf of the firm.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Must possess a First Degree or HND in Accounting, Economics or related courses.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience.
- Must possess membership of Chartered Institute of Taxation (CITN), ICAN, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal Government and state tax laws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel and Quick Books or accounting software.
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online