Job Title: Senior Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Legal Research.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Any other duties that may be generally assigned.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 10 years in legal practise and exposure to practise areas like: Marine , Corporate and commercial, Energy and infrastructure, Banking and finance, Mining and natural resources, Media, Entertainment and Intellectual property Law.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV to: email@example.com using the role as subject title.