Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Operations Center Executive
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Risk Management Group
- To oversee the Administration of the Interswitch's day-to-day Cyber Security activities such as security incidents and events monitoring, response, investigations and review of security policies on Interswitch's security solutions.
- To execute Security Operations Centre (SOC) strategy with reference to information security and IT risk management programme.
- To review reports, consolidate information and produce comprehensive regulatory processes and procedures.
- To communicate urgency of compliance with regulatory requirements and timeliness of reported information.
- To report breach incidents to Security Operations Centre Manager and provide support in reducing vulnerabilities.
- Implement required security measures such as firewalls or message encryption, monitoring performance to notify security experts of any problems
- Review logs and events for possible threats or intrusion intents and support implementation of required security measures such as firewalls and message encryption
- Analyse business processes and workflows to identify bottlenecks and redundant security breach tasks and execute processes enhancements to increase output efficiency
- Document fraud configurations for banks and merchants, suggest controls to be implemented and adopt a sequence of activities that allows for optimal efficiency and effective coordination
- Support the reporting and minimization of security threats, breach incidents, conduct thorough assessments and mitigation
- Support the SOC Manager in reviewing investigations after the incidents and suggest improvements to avoid similar vulnerabilities
- Oversee the work of the SOC Representative.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Interswitch 's policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct to ensure own work adheres to those standards
- To communicate urgency of compliance with regulatory requirements and timeliness of reported information
- Obtain authorisation from SOC Manager for any exceptions from mandatory procedure.
Data Collection, Analysis, Insights and Reporting:
- Use data management systems to access specific information as and when required
- Interpret advanced and predictive analytics data, and identify possible threats or breach intents through the use of specialised software tools and functionalities
- Extract and combine data to generate standard reports
- Produce accurate reports for others by collecting data from a variety of standard sources and inputting it into standard formats
- Develop weekly progress reports which include activities progress against set timelines, key risk and control indicators, and overall improvements on current processes and procedures that minimise relevant risks and submit reports to Security Operations Centre Manager.
Stakeholder Management and Customer Service:
- Support stakeholder engagement by arranging actions, meetings and events
- Attend meetings led by Security Operations Centre Manager, along with relevant stakeholders and acquire client needs and fraud risk processes and execute risk and mitigation activities in line with communicated requirements
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors in operational risk ecosystem
- Provide a quality service to customers while dealing with complex queries and investigating and resolving customer problems.
- First Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Professional certifications like CISSP, PMP-GIAC, GSEC.
- At least 5 years' experience in the same or related role.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online