We are seeking suitably qualified applicants for the undermentioned position, who will be part of the project team to document mass atrocities in Numan Federation, Adamawa State:
Job Title: Researcher
Location: Numan, Demsa, Lamurde, Guyuk, Shelleng, MayoBelwa and Girei – Adamawa
Specialization: Research / Documentation
Industry:NGO / International Agencies
Job Type: Short Term Contract
Slot: 10 Openings
Duration: 4 months with possibility of extension. (Contract extension will be subject to performance and validity of the Project Estimate
- This position is funded as part of the OSIWA support and innovative intervention strategy to restore peace and harmony to the farmers and pastoralists in Adamawa state, Northeast Nigeria.
- Project Title: "Documentation of Mass Atrocities in Numan Federation, Adamawa state."
- Applicants for the project are expected to be drawn from the seven local governments areas affected comprising Numan, Demsa, Lamurde, Guyuk, Shelleng, Mayo Belwa and Girei.
- General objective of the project is to restore peace in Numan Federation and other surrounding communities affected by the farmer/herders conflict in Adamawa state and provide a verifiable database for onward interventions towards restoration of peace.
- Improve knowledge of drivers of the conflict in the Numan Federation.
- Provide verifiable documentation of attacks and victims of the farmers/herders crises and
- Provide factual information to the public on the dynamics and context of conflicts in the Numan Federation amongst others.
- To actualized the above objectives, Bwatiye Community Development Association has need of qualified and committed project staff members to fill in the position above.
- Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects.
- Keeps record of information obtained during research.
- May include a database of Information, hard files.
- Conducts research of the literature.
- Independently conducts technical research.
- Conducts analyses of data Interprets, draws conclusions, and discusses with Lead Researcher
- Prepares various reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content that may be gathered from the field/investigations.
- Collaborates With other researchers.
- Presents research material to the Lead Researcher and other staff, when needed.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
The successful candidate will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- BA or MA in Social Sciences or a relevant field
- One to three years working experience preferable
- Excellent command of English Language (spoken and written), documentation, report writing and publishing.
- Willingness to travel at short notice
- Proven record of successful interaction with individuals from a diverse array of backgrounds, including community leaders/traditional leaders, women, youth, etc;
- Demonstrable experience conducting and analyzing field research and being a part of a research team
- Knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Power point and Excel; SPSS and other statistical softwares
- Experience in program management and logistics;
- Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
18th January, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV (not exceeding 2 pages), a Letter explaining your interest in your preffered position and detailing relevant achievements, and the contact information for 2 references (employers, traditional leaders, etc) to: email@example.com
Note: Bwatiye Community Development Association is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from affected communities in particular are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.