Aza Finance (Formerly Known as Bipesa) is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regulatory & Licensing Manager
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you a one-person centre of operational excellence?
- Do you have a passion for conceptualizing, implementing and sustaining effective protocols and organizational structures?
- Do you have intellectual curiosity and great people skills?
- This may be the perfect role for you!
- AZA relies on licenses from National financial regulators throughout the EU and Africa to issue many of its products. The core mission of the Regulatory Licensing and Examination Manager is to uphold AZA’s licensing and other regulatory obligations in the payments space, which are critical to the company’s success.
- Chief among the role’s responsibilities are tracking, interpreting and implementing legal and regulatory requirements; gathering and aggregating financial and other data to prepare financial and other regulatory reports; timely filing of reports and regulatory submissions; soup to nuts management of regulatory examinations and audit processes; and, the congenial, effective management of day-to-day communications with regulators. More broadly, the successful candidate will be a project managing and executing champion, partnering with internal stakeholders in legal, finance, analytics, product and other teams, to ensure that Square is compliant with applicable requirements while, to the extent possible, streamlining regulatory impact and facilitating innovation.
- This role is open to candidates from Lagos – Nigeria, Nairobi – Kenya or Dakar – Senegal.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, And Experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant role in Financial services, Compliance, Risk management
- Experience managing relationships with numerous and complex Regulators
- Strong influencing skills both internally and when corresponding with regulatory agencies
- Comfortable with managing and balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment with limited supervision
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) with strong interpersonal skills, public speaking experiences preferred
- Advanced MS Office (specifically Excel) and CRM skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific tools/software
- Great organizational skills ensuring nothing falls through the cracks with superb attention to details and accuracy
- You’re perseverant and willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done
- Passionate about our mission to develop innovative digital payment and treasury management solutions to help businesses scale in frontier markets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Intellectual curiosity about and/or familiarity with money transmission and other payments legal and regulatory regulations, and industry best practices
- Passion for creating and implementing efficient operational and logistical efficiencies and strong organizational and process management skills generally
- Respectfulness, sensitivity and personal integrity, in all dealings with teammates, internal stakeholders, regulators and other third parties
- 4+ years’ experience in legal, compliance, or regulatory affairs, preferably in the payments and remittance space
- Strong communication, critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills, particularly in interpreting and articulating legal and regulatory obligations
- The stamina to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and the drive to deliver extraordinary results
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, legislation, legal environment, internal systems, operation and staff functions in order to initiate and respond to change.
- Maintains knowledge of company operations for all lines of business.
- Develops and maintains professional and technical knowledge of tools and processes supporting licensing and registration operations and leverages new technology to support the changing operational environment.
- Acts as registered principal for written supervisory procedures and requirements of Regulatory agencies’ regulations and reporting.
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online