Recruitment for Engineering Technician – Robotics at Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Nigeria (RAIN)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Technician – Robotics (Control/Electronic/Mechanical)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: N 60,000 – N 100,000
About the Job
- The Technician will work directly as a member of our product development team, applying their mechanical and electronic expertise to implement truly novel solutions to solve technical challenges.
- They will work independently on pieces of the system, but will also work closely with other team members to ensure cohesive product performance.
- Responsibilities will focus on launching new products into production and supporting prototype and production systems fielded at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot robotic systems
- Assemble and reassemble robots or peripheral equipment.
- Fabricate components or systems, such as housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures, using metalworking machines.
- Train students and staff to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Assist students in the design, configuration, or application of robotic systems.
- Support engineering outreach and recruitment activities.
- Develop product support documentation including maintenance instructions and troubleshooting guides.
- Not more than 28 years of age as at the time of application
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience; or HND with 5 years of relevant experience (preferably product prototyping / manufacturing)
- Hands-on with basic workshop tools (e.g. drills, Dremel drills, hacksaw)
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry standards
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of schematics, block diagrams, and electro/mechanical assembly drawings
- Able to prioritise work effectively and provide technical support to students, faculty and staff
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision on multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Willing to learn new systems and protocols.
- Preferred Qualifications (as applicable to your field):
- Using and programming of CNC milling machine
- Basic CAD software skills for 3D design and mechanical assembly
- Excellent soldering skills
- Preparing wire harness with multiple different type of connectors
- Skills in control algorithms, microcontroller programming and embedded circuit design using modern software
- Able to build, install, program, test, repair and maintain robotic equipment and related automated systems.
- Experience working with microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- N60,000 – N 100,000 per month.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should an email with the subject “Job Reference: ET191001” to: firstname.lastname@example.org containing your Curriculum vitae and a Cover letter addressed to:
The Recruitment Manager,
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Nigeria (RAIN),
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Nigeria (RAIN) is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.