Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol Manager
- Based in Abuja, this position is responsible for providing support to our teams across Nigeria
- This position is responsible for immigration compliance as well as managing relationships with hotel and flight vendors
- Ensuring full immigration compliance at all times
- Working closely with hotels to ensure that standard and predictable processes are in place for staff arrivals and departures
- Verifying hotel bills for correctness and ensuring bookings are not missed in billings
- Negotiating hotel rates and benefits on an ongoing basis
- Building and maintaining a contact database for immigration officials, hotels, airlines and travel agents
- Ensuring that staff trackers are updated daily
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours when required
- Overseeing the completion of all relevant visa and immigration documents while verifying that applicant information is correct before proceeding for submission and processing
- Ensuring that applicants clearly understand the relevant immigration process and the documents that they are required to submit
- Tracking all employees in process and providing reports to management daily
- Identifying bottlenecks in the process and resolving them quickly and efficiently
- Monitoring changes to Immigration policies and reporting to management in a timely manner
Education and Experience
- Extensive experience using MS Office including Word and Excel
- Experience preparing reports, manuals, handbooks and guides
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field and at least 7 years of recent demonstrated Immigration experience
- Please note that extensive experience is required including providing immigration services to a large international company processing VOAs, TWPs and STRs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and able to multi-task with ease
- Strong command of the English language
- Ability to prepare documents and reports in Word and spreadsheets in Excel at an advanced level.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of the Nigeria Immigration Service and Border Control Procedures as well as related legislation
- A high level of accuracy when listening to instructions and carrying out work
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Package to: [email protected] Please ensure the subject line of your email reads as follows: “Protocol Manager, Abuja”.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience qualifications;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered.
- Who Can Apply: Nigerian citizens only.
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience qualifications will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
Application Deadline 1600hrs (WAT); 1st March, 2020.