Intercommunity Development Social Organization (IDS) formally Integrated Development Services (IDS) is a voluntary, not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 2004 by Peace-loving and law-abiding women and youth and incorporated with the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT/No.60576) and was granted Special Consultative Status by the United Nations (UN) Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Employment Type: Contract
- The Program Manager will supervise two field coordinators in the two locations to ensure that the WFP commodity is properly managed and distributed, to provide the necessary reporting to IDS Program Manager, and to ensure field teams receive the required logistical support.
- The PM will also supervise the Nutrition Team and ensure high-quality nutrition programming.
- The Project Manager will be based in Maiduguri, with considerable field travel to Nganzai and Konduga, and will report to the IDS Programme Manager.
The IDS Program Manager is responsible for the following:
Management / Leadership and Representation:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to the WFP Project Team
- Represent IDS and the project teams at all relevant donor and stakeholder meetings
- Participate in all strategic planning meetings and activities
- Provide regular updates to partners, country program leadership, and government and non-government coordination bodies as requested
- Establish and maintain good working relations with external agencies and organizations, local partner organizations, provincial and local government offices, and all stakeholders in the respective geographic areas
- Facilitate the exchange of information and experiences.
Program Quality and Management:
- Liaise with WFP to develop and implement monthly and weekly plans for the teams, and to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinate team members’ travel to the field and ensure field teams have relevant and timely access to all necessary information, equipment, and support
- Provide logistical backup for the distribution teams in the field
- Ensure, in consultation with the Head of Programs, project compliance with WFP and IDS standards and IDS principles of justice, solidarity, and subsidiarity
- Facilitate appropriate problem solving relevant to IDS programming activities
- Train, manage and monitor the Field Team Leaders responsible for assessment, community relations/coordination, monitoring and evaluation, and oversight of all IDS programming activities.
- Work with IDS M&E staff to develop and implement monitoring systems, and ensure that M&E systems are properly implemented and reported by team members
- Manage the collection of field-level data and reports, and ensure submission of timely reports and invoices to the Head of Programs
- Lead implementation of the MEAL policies and procedures that are mandatory for the emergency response
- Ensure project compliance with donor and IDS regulations
- Approve project expenditures, carry out regular budget tracking and take the lead on official requests for modifications when needed.
- In collaboration with the Programme Director, identify and preposition for new funding opportunities
- Support the development of new project proposals (assessments, project design, writing, technical review, etc.).
- Ensure annual performance planning and reviews of staff performance in keeping with IDS’ performance management system. Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
- Ensure staff compliance with all IDS administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations
- Identify training needs of team members under his/her supervision and support the development of Program Quality capacity building for team members and partners
- Hold regular meetings with project staff
- Assist staff in maintaining healthy relationships with local government, and cooperating organizations through regular contacts, visits and fulfillment of program requirements.
- Ensure that IDS policies and regulations are followed by all team members; especially field security guidelines
- Coordinate with the Security Officers to provide any pertinent security information to the security manager and receive updates on a regular basis
- Participate in IDS meetings and workshops on strategic planning and agency-wide initiatives as requested by the supervisor
- Travel to the field regularly,directly oversee program implementation
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Programs.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing humanitarian food programs WFP
- Minimum of three years proven management experience
- Experience in supervising teams and in leadership roles in general
- Experience of living and working in difficult conditions
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Data management skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Ability to communicate and develop reports to a high standard in English
- Able to spend time in difficult field conditions.
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
- Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs.
Program Manager Competencies:
- Sets clear goals and manages toward them
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Manages financial resources with integrity
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning.
- MEAL Management: Develops and manages MEAL budgets that support effective and quality MEAL systems, including ICT if appropriate.
- Monitoring: Facilitates the use of monitoring data during quarterly participatory reflection events and other for with partners and other stakeholders to inform project decisions.
- Learning: Promotes the application of learning to improve program quality and to strengthen agency influence among external stakeholders.
- Analysis and Critical Thinking: Makes informed decisions based on: key findings, trends, comparisons between sub-groups, and by making explicit important assumptions.
- ICT4MEAL: Supports agency priorities in the use of ICT solutions to collect, manage, and analyze data based on feasibility in specific project contexts and a cost-benefit analysis.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- IDS values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The Functional Competencies Required:
- Relating and networking
- Applying technical expertise
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Planning and organizing
- Leading and Supervising.
- Diversity and inclusion;
Deadline: 6th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Intercommunity Development Social Organisation (IDS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, gender or disabilities.