SOS Children's Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager (CVP)
Location: Gwagwalada, Abuja
Job Type: Full Time
- The role of the Programme Manager is to lead the SOS Children’s Village Programme location
- In this role, he/she is responsible and accountable for the overall development and management of the programme location and its staff, leads the planning [including budgeting], fundraising, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programme, as well as all relevant programme interventions, in accordance with the organizational policies and strategy
- He/she leads the programme team, facilitating and promoting cooperation among all co-workers, and ensuring the appropriate resource allocation for the programme strategy and plan actualization
- He/she builds and maintains positive and strong relationships with the community, local authorities and a network of partner organizations, as required for the effective implementation of the programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead initial planning of the programme for this location, including budgeting.
- Contributing to the development of the National Association and the SOS Children’s Villages Organization.
- Promoting strong and long-term partnerships with local authorities, partner organizations and the community.
- Establishes and promotes the on-going monitoring and evaluation of all programme interventions.
- Leads the implementation and on-going development of all programme interventions at the programme location.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Master's Degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Law, Political Science, Development Studies, etc. However, a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the Master's Degree.
- At least 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to family strengthening and alternative care programs – at least three (3) years of which must be in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in Child Protection, Child Safeguarding, Family Strengthening, WASH, FSL and other sector programing.
- Demonstrated high experience with budgeting, project development, fundraising, and report writing, and grants management
- Significant experience in project management at a high level in a non-profit environment
- Previous management experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience of donor guidelines indispensable.
- Experience in security management.
Other Relevant Experience:
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent working knowledge in English
- Attitude for teamwork and good leadership skill
- Knowledge using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools;
- Knowledge of early warning systems;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online