Egbin Power Plc . a subsidiary of the Sahara Power Group housed along the Lagos Lagoon, is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Presently, the largest privately-owned generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa with an Installed Capacity of 1320 MW. Egbin Power Plant was built to meet the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs with plans to expand its generation capacity to exceed 5,000MW within the next five years.
- To provide effective management of the Procurement team in delivering an effective and efficient Procurement service to the business.
- To provide comprehensive advice and support to other managers and staff on Procurement related issues and where appropriate to take the lead in problem solving.
- Support the company in achieving Value for Money whilst contributing to the organisations value agenda.
- To contribute to the development, implementation and review of Procurement strategies and policies, and to lead on subsequent implementation.
- Provide support to the Head, Procurement through providing strategic Procurement input to designated areas of Egbin Power Plc.
- To contribute to the wider management and policy framework of Egbin and assist in achieving its overall performance targets and outcomes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for the overall effectiveness of Procurement activities for the entire organization by promoting best practice procurement activity.
- To be responsible for the overall effectiveness of Procurement specifications coordination and control, ensuring close liaison between Procurement and technical advisors from other areas of the business.
- To develop and install training programmes for the Procurement team.
- Responsible to ensure that all procurement activity complies with company regulations and the Standard Procurement Regulations.
- To support the Head of Procurement by providing strategic input to procurement plans for the company, which will support future business operations, for approval by management/Board.
- To seek innovative ideas on continuous improvement and achieve quality and economy.
- To identify, agree and deliver annual, measurable cost reduction schemes from procurement activity to assist Egbin Power Plc. in meeting its overall objectives and targets through the Balance Scorecard.
- Demonstrate the results of cost savings schemes in an independently auditable form.
- Liaise with, and benchmark procurement results and techniques of Egbin Power Plc. with other organization inside and outside the power sector.
- Initiate and deliver the use of procurement best practice tools.
- Management of the Procurement team budgets and forecasts.
Leadership and Management
- To be the senior technical manager and to contribute to the development, implementation and review of corporate strategies, annual project plans, policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- To ensure effective management of employee and resources promoting team building and collaborative working to deliver the corporate plan.
- To provide clear, succinct and cogent reports to required deadlines for the Board, Committees, the Chief Executive, Management Teams and key stakeholders as required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Finance related course
- Post graduate qualification/or relevant qualification is a MUST
- Minimum of 15 years relevant work experience, with a minimum of five (5) in a managerial role
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- Proven experience of procurement in large organizations
- Proven experience of managing a procurement department
- Experience in a variety of sourcing arrangements
- Experience with working with Power Plant or/and managing Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) will be an added advantage
- Appreciation of strategies and key concepts in procurement and inventory management
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws and regulations
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Knowledge of contract laws, material accounting systems and insurance and risk management
- Knowledge of Integrated Materials Management System
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and guidelines for procurement
- Knowledge of stores management and inventory management
- Knowledge of regulatory laws import, duties, policies
- Knowledge of national and international sourcing markets
- Knowledge of application of IT systems in materials management
- Leadership/supervisory and people management skills
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Proven negotiator with excellent oral/written communication
- Knowledge of preparing tenders & relevant procurement regulations
- Knowledge of IT & web-based applications
- Mature personality, capable of making and sustaining good working relationships.
- Commitment to further training/continuous learning and development.
To apply for this job please visit www.sahara-group.com .