Dragnet Solutions Limited – Our client, an integrated marine service and logistics provider in Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Executive
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- The ideal candidate will report to the General Manager, improve on the supply of products / services by maintaining / analyzing the procurement spending, supply partnership and exploring new possibilities in order to guarantee value for money.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing strategies and category management
- Discover trustworthy vendors, initiate organization partnerships; facilitate their registration
- Invent negotiating strategies and secure profitable deals
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques: foresee alterations and anticipate shifts in comparative negotiating abilities of vendors, expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Support and guide Stakeholders to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company in order to guarantee agreements on terms and processes
- Perform cost and scenario analysis including benchmarking
- Determine overall quantity and timing of deliveries of items or services
- Build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Ensure processing and posting of all the procurement transactions into the Enterprise Resources Program (ERP), Vendor Management Software e.t.c.
- Ensure that all outstanding Vendor payments for supplies or services are paid according to terms and conditions as well as within the agreed payment deadlines (prompt resolution of billing/supply discrepancies)
- Maintains accurate records and documentation on all purchases, contracts, service agreements and correspondences
- Prepares technical specifications, contract/service agreement terms and bid documents
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Key Performance Indicators
- Cost Efficiency
- Customer satisfaction
- Zero Lost time in Supply chain
- Accuracy of Data and Reports.
- B.Sc. / B.A. / HND Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- Proven work experience as a Sourcing, Supply Chain, Purchasing or Procurement Executive
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Familiarity with sourcing/vendor management software and other relevant software
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgment
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data (statistic skill)
- Adherence to regulations, processes, procedures and best practices in regards to sourcing and procurement
- High degree of attention to details
- Outstanding Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Computer operation skill especially use of Vendor Management software, ERP, MS Word, Excel and Power PointMin e.t.c.
- Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage.
Job Competency Requirements:
- Supply Chain Planning and Management
- Strong Negotiation Skill
- Organization Skill
- Data accuracy and timeliness
- Vendor Management
- Excellent team player and ability to pay attention to details
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
Deadline: 16th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online