The Ebonyi State Ministry of Works and Transport now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services of:
Job Title: Procurement Consultant for Ebonyi State Ring Road Project
Ref No: EBRRP/CS/IC/19/01
Location : Ebonyi
Project: Ebonyi State Ring Road Project
Issuance Date: 3rd June, 2019
Background and Objective
- The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received a credit from the Africa Development Bank (AFDB) towards the cost for the Ebonyi State Ring Road Project in Ebonyi State and it intends to apply part of the proceeds for the Engagement of a Procurement Consultant for the Ebonyi State Ring Road Project.
- The Ebonyi State Ring Road Project Objective is to contribute to socio-economic development, poverty reduction through improved road transport infrastructure to reduce road maintenance costs, vehicle operating cost and travel time
The Scope of the Assignment
The Consultant shall provide support to the project implementation unit in preparation and processing:
- The Project Procurement plan,
- Request for Expression of Interest REOI, EOl, RFPs Tech.& Fin, Evaluation, Contract Negotiation, Award etc
- Provide hands-on training to the PIU on implementation matters covering procurement, disbursements, report writing, Conduct post-implementation review, sensitization for management staff of Ebonyi State Ministry of Works and Transport on the basic procurement
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports
- Any other responsibility relating to the project as required by the Project Coordinator
- Prepare and deliver basic procurement training for the PIU, Ebonyi State Ring Road Project in particular the procurement officer on hands-on procurement principles and practices.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- A degree in Procurement, Public Administration, Engineering, Law, Banking & Finance, Business Management, or any related fields; a post graduate degree in Procurement, Management, Business or Law will be considered an advantage. Membership of recognized procurement professional body is a merit.
- A minimum of Ten (10) years of direct relevant experience in public procurement, including broad expertise in the procurement of consultancy services;
- State-of-the-art knowledge of the concepts, principles And practices which govern international procurements, the Knowledge of Consultancy services contract, preparation of Terms of References, etc;
- Seasoned knowledge of all major facets of the AfDB or IsDB or World Bank procurement policies and review of Borrowers procurement documents and decisions is highly desirous;
- Training skills Proven experience in training to PlUs or public servants on basic procurement principles; and
- Mentoring skills – Experience in preparation and delivery of mentoring program on procurement to Plus or Public Staff.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates/consultants should submit an Expression of Interest and Curriculum Vitae demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail):
State Project implementation Unit (SPIU),
Ebonyi State Ring Road Project (EBRRP),
Ministry of Works & Transport,
No 1 Onwe Road, Abakaliki,
Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
Attention : Engr. Uchechi Okah
Email – email@example.com
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection (IC) method set out in the Operations Procurement Manual of the Bank’s Procurement Policy Framework, October 2015 available on the website: https://www.afdb.org/en/projects-andoperations/procurement/new-procurement-policy/
- Further information on the assignment (including the Terms of Reference) can be obtained at the address below during office hours [0900 to 1700 hours].