SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pre-commissioning Piping Supervisor
Location: Portharcourt. Rivers
Job Type: Full Time
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 year
Employee Status: Operative
Spie Nigeria is currently looking for a Pre-commissioning Piping Supervisor to join them on Shore and Offshore Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Phases taskforce of one of its projects.
Your Responsibilities will include
General Activities – OnShore and OffShore Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Phases:
- Coordinate with other project entities / disciplines /existing facilities.
- Ensure that the Piping pre-commissioning execution activities are performed in accordance with TOTAL OPERCOM™ Methodology.
- Follow the contractor's Piping commissioning activities using the OPERCOM® Methodology and ICAPS© (Integrated Commissioning and Progress System) software.
- Follow the execution of piping pre-commissioning activities.
- Supervise the reporting of pre-commissioning execution.
- Follow-up on red line mark-up drawings.
- Follow-up on CONTRACTOR’s pre-commissioning scope of work activities such as: Hydrotests, Gross Air Leak Tests, Flange Management, documents update, Closing of Punch list, reporting).
- To anticipate and coordinate readiness of Ready For Commissioning status, in particular
- To ensure the "as pre-commissioned" as-built documents are available in Pre-comm dossier and properly tracked in the field engineering workflow
- To identify before RFC submission any outstanding points such as QC non-conformance, Field engineering, third party authority, vendors punch lists, related to the Subsystem
- Follow-up on the implementation on site of the approved drawings, approved QA/QC plan, Surveillance plans, Inspection and test plans;
- To witness and monitor that pre-commissioning activities are performed as per procedures approved and project specification / requirements / industry good working practices, including equipment/material storage and preservation.
- To attend/participate to Contractor's meeting, technical, NCR resolution, progress, HSE as required
- To identify critical activities and potential bottleneck for the progress, anticipate and propose solutions to improve quality performance.
- Organize his service in full respect and within the limit of defined and approved planning & budgets.
- Have good relationships with other Departments / Packages of the Division.
Context and Environment:
- The Project involves the development of a new module that will be integrated to the existing facilities. All these activities could be executed across different sites. This Project will require complex interfaces with other entities of Company.
- Brownfield environment designed on a different basis, minimum coherence to ensure smooth future operations
- EPC execution shall take place at Contractor premises, a rotation scheme will be implemented.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Minimum of HND in Mechanical / Piping Engineering
- Experience: At least 5 years' experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with minimum of 3 years' experience in Supervisor Pre-commissioning / Commissioning role,
- Language: Fluent English, Oral French advantageous.
- Good communication skills
- Experienced with Company Standards (Client General Specifications), OPERCOM and ICAPS, PRODOM and relevant codes and standards,
- Knowledge of international codes of practice related to his/her SOW fabrication and inspection.
- Confident in QC inspection during pre-commissioning activities of Fixed offshore (Topsides) installations
- Computer literate
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment,
- BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) mandatory
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online