Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recent Employment Opportunity
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Project Manager
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Reports to: The Area Manager – Area South
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for an ICLA Project Manager for our Yola-South Area office in North East Nigeria. The purpose of the ICLA Project Manager position is to implement the delegated Area Office ICLA project portfolio.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Line management of project staff
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and ICLA strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant ICLA projects
- Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Provide technical direction to ICLA team, and ensure high quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the ICLA Specialist, highlight operational successes and challenges
- Ensure that projects targets beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget, in cooperation with the Area Manager and ICLA Coordinators.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate and Supervise the ICLA project team and program activities
- Coordinate Preparation of work plans and progress reports for ICLA teams
- Expand and maintain NRC’s network of relevant stakeholders in all operational areas
- Coordinate establishment of client outreach, screening and identification procedures
- Coordinate establishment of case documentation management systems
- Support development and strengthening of synergies between all NRC programs
- Document case studies and best practice for facilitating secure land tenure and identity documents for IDPs
- Prepare presentations and papers demonstrating lessons learned
- Support the preparation of funding proposals
- Coordinate Preparation of donor reports, GORs and monthly reports on activities and progress
- Ensure that NRC’s programmes are guided by and effectively abide by the humanitarian principles
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in working independently in a results-oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Experience in managing staff
- Excellent command in Microsoft Applications
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
- Proven skills in report writing
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Handling insecure environments Political and cultural awareness
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
- Grade Level: 8
- Travel %: 25%
- Contract Duration: (Till December 31st 2020 – renewable)
- Duty Station: Area South
- Start Date: October 1st 2020