BBOXX is generating impact by improving customers’ quality of life through provision of affordable, clean and reliable energy solutions. Today, we offer pay-as-you-go solar power. Our aim is to expand rapidly to provide other modern utility services, such as cooking, internet access and water. We are constantly searching and realising innovative solutions to provide the best value services to our customers.
At the heart of BBOXX is our pioneering management platform, called BBOXX Pulse, which continuously collects data and insights, enabling us to provide our services to previously unreachable populations. BBOXX has installed more than 150,000 solar home systems, with a strong presence in Rwanda, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Togo. BBOXX have over 600 employees across 9 global offices Rwanda, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Togo, with its head office in the UK and its manufacturing operations based in China.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
Location : Abuja
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Country Board Bboxx Capital
- We are looking for a Country Managing Director or our new entity, with solid commercial and leadership experience to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures and drive the strategic growth.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also creating and implementing high-quality strategy and business plans at the country-level. Very strong analytical and project management skills will also be essential since the MD is the one expected to deliver results and changes necessary.
- The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines. You will be joining a team of 600+ staff across multiple offices in East Africa, China, UK, France and West Africa.
- Own the country P&L, and ensure that business outcomes (profitability etc) are always achieved
- Manage the finances of the business, and ensure full audit compliance
- Ensure the business complies with company policies and procedures on, among others, anti-bribery, employment, governance
- Oversee relationships with all business partners in-country
- Represent the brand, and maintain quality service by identifying market trends, analyzing and reviewing best customer service practices etc
- Create, own and implement the commercial strategy for the country
- Implement local pricing models based on customer feedback and business performance targets
- Report on company operations in a timely and accurate manner
- Lead the growth and operations of the retail network by implementing the company’s standard operating model, and setting up hubs & retail outlets in line with growth targets.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior commercial role, preferably within a multinational business (e.g. FMCG, telecoms), with P&L ownership & a track record of delivering consistent bottom-line performance
- Demonstrated assertiveness, a passion for excellence, and a unique ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Proven strategic aptitude, with the ability to influence at a senior level internally and externally – Commercial acumen, with strong customer orientation
- Demonstrated track record of leading teams to consistently deliver outperformance
- Very strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and project management skills are required
- First class time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize
- Prior experience in a reputable strategy consulting firm (e.g. KPMG, PWC, McKinsey) a distinct advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online