9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Litigation
Location: Abuja, NG
- Serves as principal point of legal advice to EMTS and ensuring protection of EMTS' interest.
- Dispute resolution & Litigation management support.
- Advice EMTS on local and international legal matters including civil, criminal contractual, telecom regulatory and labour laws that may affect EMTS activities or employees in order to reduce risk liability
- Advice EMTS on Legal matters relating to property and site acquisition.
- Oversee the preparation of all leases, licenses and related documents as required.
- Monitor and study the impact of new laws regulations and legislations that may affect EMTS' employees and activities and make recommendations to the Head, Legal Services.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the department's activities
- Continuously assist in reviewing the departments/teams activities and make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with external counsel to ensure effective case management strategy and adequate representation in Litigation matters involving EMTS.
- Monitor Litigation (including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against EMTS and manage EMTS' legal exposure in matters. Where external counsel is required, assist the Head Litigation in acting as a liaison for external counsel's contact.
- Conduct searches on title to land which EMTS proposes to lease or purchase.
- Give qualitative legal advice on title verification/due diligence and ensure proper documentation for property acquisition.
- Ensure proper documentation and compliance with lease terms in approving renewals.
- Draft Deeds, Lease Agreements, Addendums and other property documents as may be required.
- Champion the execution of all leases, licenses and legal documents by the appropriate personnel of the company.
- Ensure maintenance of database of all properties and other related legal documentation.
- Ensure safe custody of all property related files and documents.
- Participate in implementing the units work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in planning and managing the human and material resources of the department/team to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Participate in monitoring and controlling the budgetary needs of the function
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Legal Services and/or the Director, Legal Services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Legal Services and/or the Director, Legal Services.
- First degree in Law.
- An MBA or relevant postgraduate/professional qualification an advantage
- Six (6) years' relevant work experience, with at least two (2) years in a Supervisory role an advantage
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Telecoms Regulations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Conflict Management and DisputeResolution
- Effective communication
- Decision Making
- Leadership and People Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online