Sahara Group is a leading privately owned Power, Energy, Gas and Infrastructure Conglomerate established in 1996 with operating companies active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors.
- Location: Lagos
Level: Manager / Supervisor
- The Learning and Development Manager will play a critical role in the day-to-day learning and development (L&D) activities and within the HR team and Sahara Group in general. This role will manage and coordinate all L&D activities but also partner with business managers, other members of the POD department, and HR.
- Key deliverables include design and delivery of Organization wide and function specific learning solutions and support in the capability development and change management process required to transform Sahara into an Agile and Learning Organization.
- The role holder will be required to bring innovation and create exciting learning content and experience through leveraging interactive, social media and mobile technology to drive assimilation and application of learning content across the organization. The role holder will be responsible for creating strong and effective Informal learning environment across the business.
- Successful candidate will manage Sahara’s learning assets both physical and virtual.
- Manage the transformation and ongoing maintenance of the Training Center into a world class center of learning.
- Develop a rich and expert base faculty (internal and external including vendor management) that will help ensure skill and knowledge transfer and cross migration of ideas.
- Work with business and line Managers to design learning transfer solutions to maximize learning investment.
- Periodic generation of insights to help drive practical and innovative learning decisions and actions.
- Promote and establish E-learning and social media platforms as a viable learning platform.
- Manage the training budget, including apportioning funds across the Group and monitoring cost.
- Develop and nurture a culture of Mentoring and Coaching within the Group.
- Generate periodic reports on Learning activities to Group HR
- Development of learning curriculum and content that drives Line Managers People Management capability.
- Support in design and execution of Workshops and training events
- Play active role in the execution of Sahara’s overall Learning Strategy.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Minimum 2.2)
- Relevant professional HR Certification would be an added advantage
- 7 years of Cognate experience, 4 of which should in Learning & Development.
- Excellent communication and counseling skills with demonstrated ability to share knowledge
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of People management and vendor management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Executive Directors
- Managing Directors and Business Heads
- Head, Group HR and HR Heads of other entities
- HR Business Partners
- Service providers, Vendors and Consultants.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sahara Group on careers.sahara-group.com to apply